GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone try to remove front bumper grill for looks?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Just curious if anyone has removed their lower grill in front of the intercooler for cosmetic purposes. Anyone got pics? Pros? Cons?

When I had an SRT4, removing the black mesh, while still able to see the intercooler through it just made it so much more lively looking.

I'd imagine it's not too difficult of a mod to do if it's possible. I've never removed my front bumper so I'm not sure though. Anyone try this?

Thanks.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
cant say i havent considered the same; you obviously lose all the protection of the front grille.

I can say from having torn apart the bumper before to wrap the grille surround areas, it's a total pain in the ass, and you will be left with a ton of huge clips you will have to shave off.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
I just pulled off my front bumper to vinyl wrap the lower "U" portion of the grille that surrounds this area. I didn't think to pay attention but I think without the grille portion it would look unfinished and expose mounting tabs. I see where youre going with this but I think to pull it off youd have to have an intercooler right up against the bumper....and then maybe some kind of trim to finish the area between the two.

I may go back and pull off the vinyl I put on and can take a few pics without the grille portion.

OP just go ahead and do it. If you like it post some pics and see if it looks good.