GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deal or no deal?

terror_dactl

I'm going to my local VW dealer tomorrow for a test drive on a new GTI, and was wondering what is acceptable, as far as test drive miles are concerned? I mean the GTI they have is base model, with the exception of Dynaudio and Bi-Xenon head lights. The sticker price says 24,500, and it has roughly 175 miles on the odometer. Now do you think I could talk 'em down to 23,000 and if so how should I do go about it?

NEOHMark

Ready to race!
Dynaudio and Xenons on a $24,500 MSRP car? Considering the 2-door starts at a base price of $24,414 (incl destination), somebody is stroking you over the phone IMHO. According to VW's website - where you can build one and get the accurate MSRP here - MSRP on those two options on a 2-door is $25,590 incl destination, $24,840 before destination charges.

That said, in your example above? $1500 should be easy to get off the car.

According to Zag.com, that car lists at $25,590 (agrees with VW.com to the penny) and their selling price quoted is $23,706 - almost $1900 off MSRP. So you're not terribly far off from what they've lied to you, er...told you over the phone. ;)

Go to Zag.com, print out a vehicle summary with options, and go into your dealer armed with this info.

Happy hunting! :)

boxersteve

I'm going to my local VW dealer tomorrow for a test drive on a new GTI, and was wondering what is acceptable, as far as test drive miles are concerned? I mean the GTI they have is base model, with the exception of Dynaudio and Bi-Xenon head lights. The sticker price says 24,500, and it has roughly 175 miles on the odometer. Now do you think I could talk 'em down to 23,000 and if so how should I do go about it?

i bought my 1.4 golf 6 for 21000 eurs