GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS. Just kidding! I'm white!"

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion

http://gawker.com/the-saga-of-justine-sacco-twitters-accidental-racist-1487762376

Social media at its finest hour :mad0259:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Troll.

People's humor is different. I do not get offended by the actions of others just because I do not agree with it. Taking offense to things is ridiculous.

Who cares that she said something to be rude? The less attention you give it, the quicker it goes away.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Troll.

People's humor is different. I do not get offended by the actions of others just because I do not agree with it. Taking offense to things is ridiculous.

Who cares that she said something to be rude? The less attention you give it, the quicker it goes away.

When you're the "global head of communications for the Barry Diller-led firm IAC" which consists of sites like match.com, Vimeo, CollegeHumor, and a few others, it would be smart to keep your trap shut lest you cause yet another PR headache for your employer.

Don't bite the hands that feeds you, actions have consequences, especially one as ignorant as her's.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
They'll fire her (like I'm sure they've already done) and call it a day. They'll get a new PR agent and life will move on lol.

But she's fucked for good. I mean, this isn't her first retarded tweet she put out as evident by a Buzzfeed article documenting her ignorant shit she has spewed in the past, so what company would want to hire her given the embarrassment she caused for IAC?

I mean, Jesus, people still don't get it. Keep it to yourselves, holy fuck :mad0259:

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
But she's fucked for good. I mean, this isn't her first retarded tweet she put out as evident by a Buzzfeed article documenting her ignorant shit she has spewed in the past, so what company would want to hire her given the embarrassment she caused for IAC?

I mean, Jesus, people still don't get it. Keep it to yourselves, holy fuck :mad0259:

Her problem, doe lol. No need to get worked up over how her actions affect her.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Sounds a lot like Collegehumor.com

Whats the problem? Tacky? Maybe, thats their business model.

McQueen77

Banned

PC people love getting offended on behalf of disenfranchised people whose lives they no very little to nothing about. "I for one am OUTRAGED by this woman's statement and plan to talk about it at my favorite social media outlet!"

Crazy, there are racist people or people with a tactless sense of humor who can 'speak their mind' online with the click of a mouse?? I find her statement less 'offensive' than half of what I see my 'friends' and other dipshits on Facebook comment under someone's post or some comment some idiot leaves underneath an article online. Obviously that chick is an idiot. There are so many thoughtless morons in the world that it is impossible to keep track. The internet just gives them a 'voice'.

Get over it you pony.

Last edited:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Crazy, there are racist people of people with a tactless sense of humor who can 'speak their mind' online with the click of a mouse?? I find her statement less 'offensive' than half of what I see my 'friends' and other dipshits on Facebook comment under someone's post or some comment some idiot leaves underneath an article online. Obviously that chick is an idiot. There are so many thoughtless morons in the world that it is impossible to keep track. The internet just gives them a 'voice'.

All this.

I'm so tired of all the backlash when someone speaks their mind and ultimately puts their foot in their mouth. Who cares. If I dislike what a "celebrity" or CEO or whoever says then I just distance myself from them and their products - easy.

I'm also tired of seeing Duck Dynasty posts on Facebook and reading some of the comments, wow.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
I was expecting a duck dynasty thread from dubpl8. I guess that's too mainstream for him.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Typical sensitive reaction of the internet.

People need to worry about much more important things than social media and others opinions.

I'm more worried about my CFB bowl mania picks than this crap or the Duck Dynasty dealio.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I LoLed at this thread. Thank you, all.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
PC people love getting offended on behalf of disenfranchised people whose lives they no very little to nothing about. "I for one am OUTRAGED by this woman's statement and plan to talk about it at my favorite social media outlet!"

Crazy, there are racist people or people with a tactless sense of humor who can 'speak their mind' online with the click of a mouse?? I find her statement less 'offensive' than half of what I see my 'friends' and other dipshits on Facebook comment under someone's post or some comment some idiot leaves underneath an article online. Obviously that chick is an idiot. There are so many thoughtless morons in the world that it is impossible to keep track. The internet just gives them a 'voice'.

Get over it you pony.

^^ This. Entire post +1, you 'get' it

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion

Get over it you pony.

All this.

I'm so tired of all the backlash when someone speaks their mind and ultimately puts their foot in their mouth. Who cares. If I dislike what a "celebrity" or CEO or whoever says then I just distance myself from them and their products - easy.

I'm also tired of seeing Duck Dynasty posts on Facebook and reading some of the comments, wow.

Typical sensitive reaction of the internet.

People need to worry about much more important things than social media and others opinions.

I'm more worried about my CFB bowl mania picks than this crap or the Duck Dynasty dealio.

All three of you missed the point.

This isn't just some random troll spouting their useless opinion on the Internet. Let me repeat this again: this woman was the head of PR of a major publicly-held corporation uttering such ignorant crap for the entire world to see. Honestly, you guys don't see this as a problem? Social media has its place, but it is not the place to post comments that show how small-minded and hard-hearted one is. Now McQueen, unless many of your friends on your FB feed hold high profile positions like this woman does and leave their status updates or tweets or public for the world to see, your opinion doesn't hold merit in this situation. High profile person posts something ignorant, don't be surprised if the entire Internet gets upset and decides to take matter into their own hands.

I'm pretty sure one of the first things they teach you in PR school is to not publicly make fun of deadly plagues in a country they are sending you to do business with... and damn right people are going to be sensitive when race and disease is involved :iono:

Edit: I will add that calling for her death and posting her private information is uncalled for, as seen online.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure one of the first things they teach you in PR school is to not publicly make fun of deadly plagues in a country they are sending you to do business with... and damn right people are going to be sensitive when race and disease is involved :iono:

I've not been to "PR School" but i'm pretty sure that's not the first thing that is being taught. Nor should it be.