GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VDub_Lover's 2010 GTi MK6.. slowly but surely.

So my name is Justin and i live in the DC metro area, and i own a 2010 Black 6-speed GTi. Im low on money so my progression may be alittle slow. But I promise in the end it will look nice.

Options:
Sunroof
Xenons

CHECK FOR UPDATES! Last mod: August 30th 2014)

Mods:(in order)
Blacked out front grill stripes (See #1/Gone Back to red)
Mod for Fog light covers (See #2)
Color matched Side markers (see #3)
custom mud guards (see #4... post #9)
Sound Pipe Delete
Rear Wiper Delete (post #30 Page#2)
Cleaned Sun Visors (post #30 page#2)
WeatherTech Mat Kit (post#30 Page#2)
LED License Plate Lights (RDASH) (Post 33 Page 2)
ECS Tuning Magnetic Oil drain Plug (Post 33 Page 2)
Front Plate delete, with bumper plugs (Page 2)
Hoen XenonMatch H8 Fog Light (Post 44, Page 3)
Golf R Tinted LED Taillights (Post 46, page 3)
OEM Front Lip (Post 59, Page 3)
Lowered and Wheels (page4)

Her first Pic

#1 bad day for pics

#2 some pics of the mod, its so i dont lose them when they pop out for reasons i dont know, bc i have had them replaced already. if you want a DIY ill give you a link.

#3 I bought the spray and clear from the dealer and did it myself.

Weather Tech Mats:

Front Plate Delete:

RDASH LED Plate Lights

Hoen XenonMatch Fogs

Golf R Tinted Taillights

Rear Wiper Delete

OEM Front Lip/Red stripes

VWR springs and Neuspeed Wheels
2 by Justin Capolongo, on Flickr

More to come...

Last edited:

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
yo justin what's good?! will you be at the meet this week? lemme know.

custom splash guards?

Yea i bought ones from Track Auto, and retrofitted them to fit, so i dont have to use the stock ones that clip onto the paint, and i can adjust how high i want them and how low, and they do no damage to paint, while also being more subtle than the dealer ones. i have gotten compliments on them bc they are so subtle and are easy to remove without chipping paint. Cheaper too, just time consuming to first put on.

Dont hate :D

yo justin what's good?! will you be at the meet this week? lemme know.

Na, too much crap to do, maybe next week.

looking good so far. just don't go crazy with the black theme and you'll be alright.

Oh i hate the black theme, i was going to get silver wheels, and a drop, not even black out my emblems, or even my windows, i know it seems like im blacking everything out, but i didnt like the red stripe.

It doesnt look like they did much..

yea i didnt get the winter ones on in time b4 the first snow, my winter ones are about 1/4 in out, and 1 in to a 2 in lower.

but it did save my car having a big chuck of tar stuck to the side of it.

but it would be worse without them, idk how long you have lived in FL, but it has protected alot of salt chunks from the trucks getting kicked up in the car, ones that could chip paint.

I envy your FL weather.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
see ya next week then.

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
yea i didnt get the winter ones on in time b4 the first snow, my winter ones are about 1/4 in out, and 1 in to a 2 in lower.

but it did save my car having a big chuck of tar stuck to the side of it.

but it would be worse without them, idk how long you have lived in FL, but it has protected alot of salt chunks from the trucks getting kicked up in the car, ones that could chip paint.

I envy your FL weather.

Yea i guess it wouldve been worse without them.. and to answer your question, ive lived here long enough that I cant remember the last time i saw snow :lol:

FL weather FTW