GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions about Air Ride

Aaron_1995

Passed Driver's Ed
I am about to graduate college and plan on bagging my 2012 GTI after graduation. I am completely new to this and have no idea what I'm doing lol. I would like to buy used air ride but don't know if this is recommended? Are there some things I should for sure buy new and maybe some things I could buy used? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ahard48

Ready to race!
I don't have bags, but to me common sense says you can buy the management (controllers) used where as you may want to be on the cautious side of purchasing used struts/bags as I have heard some can be abused and have leaks. Not sure about tanks so that may have mixed reviews.

Again, I am not in the air suspension world but this is just what I have seen/what practice if I went that route.

Aaron_1995

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't have bags, but to me common sense says you can buy the management (controllers) used where as you may want to be on the cautious side of purchasing used struts/bags as I have heard some can be abused and have leaks. Not sure about tanks so that may have mixed reviews.

Again, I am not in the air suspension world but this is just what I have seen/what practice if I went that route.

Thanks for the input! That was my thinking too. Maybe buy the tank, management, and air compressor used and buy the bags new since with use those can wear out.