GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'10 GTI vs '08? Accord

arsenal_mk6

Ready to race!
So on my currently short commute to work there is this long road that is just two lanes. Well when you first turn on to it there are 4 lanes for about 50-75 yards. Since I've gotten my GTI, and broken it in, if I have someone in front of me turning on to the road I gun it by them to get in front and enjoy the long two lane road without having someone slow in front of me.

Well anyways, this morning I had, what I think to be, a '08 or '09 Accord 2DR coupe (non V6) ahead of me. The guy driving it seemed to be driving a little spirited and when he saw my aggressive turn-in behind him he gunned it. I was definitely passing him, but the amount of road we had was not enough for me to pass him. He ended up braking while I continued on to 90mph before slowing down.

I wasn't too happy about it all. :( Not only did I not have the juice to get by him, it could have been dangerous if he didn't brake.

Our cars are not as quick as I thought - lol. I need Stage I pronto! :p

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm glad no one got hurt....

but that VTAAKKKKKKK will do some dangerous things

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
You mentioned 90..... i doubt it was the 4 my guess is that it was debadged. Im sure quit a few people cant understand why they cant keep up with my regular "Golf".

arsenal_mk6

Ready to race!
You mentioned 90..... i doubt it was the 4 my guess is that it was debadged. Im sure quit a few people cant understand why they cant keep up with my regular "Golf".

Once I passed him at around 50mph I kept accelerating to 90mph is what I meant. I don't think anyone was in real danger, but it was still just a shitty feeling overall. More power please ... :p

msm00b

Ready to race!
Get stage 1 ... and quit being a jackass on public roads.

FasDarken

Ready to race!
08 accord specs....

2.4-liter 4-cylinder 190 hp,
3.5-liter V6 with 268hp

seems pretty decent actually.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Well he probably hit his brakes when I was going about 50mph I'd say. That's not really hitting the top end! lol

'Top end' power has nothing to do with speed. It's the power you have in the higher RPM's of an engine's power band.

Doing this is not too smart at all anyway...

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that's one thing I don't like about VAG cars, your paying a good fee for these cars and they can't even compete with a Hyundai now a days. In terms of say highway passing, you either have to fork out a lot of cash for a "R" or "S" car or fork out couple of grand for ecu software.

When I had my 335 it's a 47k car, but it's quite and nimble, your paying 67k for an S5 with more HP but heavier overall which turns out a second slower than the 335. Granted I would of love to have the S5 more than the 335. But at 20k more.......nah!