GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

midline to highline cecm swap

troutjunkie

So there's no need to run those wires to the cecm. There's no male end inside the midline cecm for them. But you can use them in the retrofit of the harness. You'll need to order four of the "small terminals" and six of the "male spade wire terminals" from ECS tuning along with their adapters. You'll also need some wire. Using the extra high beam wires from the harness and the new small terminals, you will make six new wires(three for each adapters)
Go back to the first couple of entries on this thread to see which new wires go where. The post was from pk440. Also there's a video on YouTube of how to "release" the inside of the adapters to allow the new terminals to be inserted. It takes a little time but you'll figure it out. Also, coding is covered in a link discussed earlier.
I ended up buying a vagcom from RossTech.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
You can get high beams with one wire too by splicing it in half and soldering each 1/2 to the long wires that are suggested to go to the cecm. I'm going to pick up some more wiring this week and try to get the leds working with my current setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
So there's no need to run those wires to the cecm. There's no male end inside the midline cecm for them. But you can use them in the retrofit of the harness. You'll need to order four of the "small terminals" and six of the "male spade wire terminals" from ECS tuning along with their adapters. You'll also need some wire. Using the extra high beam wires from the harness and the new small terminals, you will make six new wires(three for each adapters)
Go back to the first couple of entries on this thread to see which new wires go where. The post was from pk440. Also there's a video on YouTube of how to "release" the inside of the adapters to allow the new terminals to be inserted. It takes a little time but you'll figure it out. Also, coding is covered in a link discussed earlier.
I ended up buying a vagcom from RossTech.

I know nothing about wiring so please bare with me on the noob questions. What gauge wiring did you use, and would it really matter what kind is used? Also When Pk440 put the description on how to rewire the adapter when it says
5 -> 5 & 7 (additional ground to 7) what is a ground and how would that look on the adapter.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
I know nothing about wiring so please bare with me on the noob questions. What gauge wiring did you use, and would it really matter what kind is used? Also When Pk440 put the description on how to rewire the adapter when it says

5 -> 5 & 7 (additional ground to 7) what is a ground and how would that look on the adapter.

You don't need The ground actually. Mine work fine without it. You need to pick up an OEM trigger wire. I posted another thread link earlier. The part number is in that thread. You need the oem part because of the pins on either end.

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
You don't need The ground actually. Mine work fine without it. You need to pick up an OEM trigger wire. I posted another thread link earlier. The part number is in that thread. You need the oem part because of the pins on either end.

Cool! Also for the terminals that we're supposed to make, is there any recommended gauge wire we use? Everything seems clear to me now, except that.

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Oh no sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about the wires that we needed to make, to get the leds working that trout junkie mentioned. "The six new wires, three for each adapter."

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Oh no sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about the wires that we needed to make, to get the leds working that trout junkie mentioned. "The six new wires, three for each adapter."

Yeah those trigger wires should work! Either way I'm going to pick up parts tomorrow and try it. I'll report back with results!

troutjunkie

I'll check my coding tomorrow and let u know what I have. I'm pretty sure I followed the same coding as what the other guys suggested. Are you getting any bulb out errors ?

troutjunkie

Did you change Byte 18 to 21? You have to do this manually by clicking on the highlighted long coding and entering 21. It's usually 00, or 20. Something like that

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Did you change Byte 18 to 21? You have to do this manually by clicking on the highlighted long coding and entering 21. It's usually 00, or 20. Something like that

I had a friend do the coding for me since I don't have a cable. I may meet up next week so should be able to mess with it.

I currently have no bulb out errors. We followed the coding everyone was using for the basic xenon upgrade without leds.

Regardless, adding the wire from 4 to 12 makes sense because there was a pin in slit 4 that lead to nothing before (on the ECS adapter at least)

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
So I know have LEDs without the highline cecm! A couple things to figure out still, they don't come on as DRLs. They only work with the low/high beams. Also, for whatever reason after the new coding my side markers are dimmer.