• Matte/Satin- Current

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Gloss black

Votes: 31 72.1%

• Total voters

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
:mad0259:

So jealous. That's how I want my V710's to look. Any larger/close-up shots?

Heres what I could grab off my phone for right now!

These black headlights look amazing!

OEM or replica?

Thanks! Ed's reps. I love it that nobody can tell the difference, but everyone talks shit about using reps :laugh:

love the way this looks, not in love with the $400 to powdercoat them in gloss from VMR when matte black is free

Mine are painted. It cost me a total of 30 bucks for the materials and a pint (or quart) of paint. I put in a ton of hours fix the rash the previous owner did to the and sanding them down for my buddy to spray. The rears seem to take the brunt of the damage from rocks/crap on the road, as they are chipping worse than the front. I do plan on sending them off for powdercoat over the winter though. I have found multiple places for 75 bucks a wheel, and heard the same from other members.

GeorgeHill

Ready to race!
Gloss is the way to GO!

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
the thing with gloss black wheels is, If they are clean and the Tires are not Shined, it makes your tires look Aweful, But if you do Satin, then you won't have to fuss with the tire shine as much! Keep them Satin

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!

Haha I knew this would come. I agree these wheels in silver look good, but I do not want to for two reasons.

1. I just put on that APR fender decal and It won't go too well with silver unless I paint the wheels a very dark silver. (stupid reason i know).

2. Since it's done under warranty, I can probably negotiate for him to redo the same color in a different finish, but I doubt he will agree to a different color. The shop will most likely say that I am just using the barely visible fading to get a different finish and fix the little curb rash that I have for free. :iono:

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
I just got an email from my wheel&tire shop that is (or was) handling the refinish. They talked to their body shop and it seems that my wheels cannot qualify for a warranty refinish due to some curb rash that was put there the night I let my father drive the car....:mad0259:. They are now offering a "special" deal of "only" $600 for a full refinish (sarcasm intended). Anyways, big waste of time considering my car has been there for two days already. The customer service from Butler Tire was amazing as usual, but seriously, that paint shop can take this thumb :thumbsup: and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Since I've read most places charge about 50-80 per wheel for a powdercoat, Ill most likely go that route later this summer and do the wheels in either gloss black or possibly bronze.

Thank you all for helping me out with this thread :thumbup: