GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
The reason for this is mainly because it's a different engine and turbo. A revision will not get these power levels unfortunately.

The turbo has a billet wheel, is larger, has semi twinscroll characteristics and bolts right to the head. EGT is cooled via internal cooling in the manifold. The turbo spools faster thanks to Valve lift and dual cam phasing. Cam phasing also helps to better volumetric efficiency of the engine. Ignition is helped by the cooling and ve characteristics. This also allows us to safely run leaner.

yea, thanks Arin for the explanation. i know our IHI turbo in our Mk6 wont ever reach those levels, but was thinking in terms of better driveability and smoothness like how the k04 v3 was revised

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
The reason for this is mainly because it's a different engine and turbo. A revision will not get these power levels unfortunately.

The turbo has a billet wheel, is larger, has semi twinscroll characteristics and bolts right to the head. EGT is cooled via internal cooling in the manifold. The turbo spools faster thanks to Valve lift and dual cam phasing. Cam phasing also helps to better volumetric efficiency of the engine. Ignition is helped by the cooling and ve characteristics. This also allows us to safely run leaner.

Arin, I noticed a comment from APR on the Facebook page about possibly integrating an E85 tune into a revision if it is at all being revised. Can you attest to this claim?

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Well, Arin, thanks for finally chiming in.
Disappointing to hear it's not on the near horizon.
But I can at least put it to bed for now.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Just an FYI, did this in Australia for the Amarok, 2.0 TSI:

Gains look good for just a flash. This is new, from the ground up, software Jamie calibrated for the TSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.