GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
will there also be readiness enabled files for stage 2 ppl?

This...... Spent 350 at the local shop before I finally found on here that it was simply readiness disable and not a problem with my car when I couldn't pass emissions for a month.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

I'm guessing so, since they already have such files on the current tune.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
OH. I didn't catch that he was talking about the GLI. The GLI doesn't have the Gen3 EA888, it's the gen2. At least that's what it's referred to in the communications I've seen. It still has the cam phasing on both I/E cams and revised head porting. Didn't know it has a smaller turbo than the k03 in the gen1 2.0T, though.

2012 and 2013 gli have gen 1 ea888

2013.5 has the gen3 ea888 but different turbo orientation and size compared to the ea888 gen3 mk7 gti. The 2013.5+ GLI is still a gen3 engine though. ]

turbo specs as posted by Arin on vwvortex.

MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T EA113
Borg Warner
6/6 Blade Cast Compressor Wheel & 11 Blade Turbine Wheel
41 mm Inducer / 54 mm Exducer - Compressor
40 mm Exducer / 45 mm Inducer - Turbine

MK6 Golf GTI 2.0T EA888 Gen 1
IHI
6/6 Blade Cast Compressor Wheel & 8 Blade Turbine Wheel
40.2 mm Inducer / 52.5 mm Exducer - Compressor
41.0 mm Exducer / 45.0 mm Inducer - Turbine

MK6 Jetta GLI 2.0T EA888 Gen 3
Honeywell
6/6 Blade Cast Compressor Wheel & 9 Blade Turbine Wheel
39.0 mm Inducer / 53.7 mm Exducer - Compressor
39.1 mm Exducer / 43.8 mm Inducer - Turbine

MK7 Golf GTI 2.0T EA888 Gen 3
IHI
6/6 Blade Billet Compressor Wheel & 8 Blade Turbine Wheel
42.5 mm Inducer / 54.0 mm Exducer - Compressor
46.8 mm Exducer / 50.4 mm Inducer - Turbine

- - -

MK6 Golf R (K04-64) 2.0T EA113
Borg Warner
6/6 Blade Billet Compressor Wheel & 12 Blade Turbine Wheel
46.4 mm Inducer / 60.5 mm Exducer - Compressor
44.5 mm Exducer / 51.0 mm Inducer - Turbine

MK7 Golf R 2.0T EA888 Gen 3
IHI
6/6 Blade Billet Compressor Wheel & 8 Blade Turbine Wheel
45.2 mm Inducer / 58.0 mm Exducer - Compressor
47.4 mm Exducer / 54.7 mm Inducer - Turbine

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
DSG should have an update that's matched to this new tune.

Hold the phone, does this imply that the new Stage 1 is dependent on having Stage 1 or more DSG software? Or that your DSG software is dependent on the Stage 1 ECU tune behaving a certain way, and that is what's causing the reports of DSG issues?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Is this going to depend specifically on having the APR intake? Or will the intake file work with most any CAI kit?
So..

Many...

Would this be a free upgrade if you already have stage 1?
Hold the phone, does this imply that the new Stage 1 is dependent on having Stage 1 or more DSG software? Or that your DSG software is dependent on the Stage 1 ECU tune behaving a certain way, and that is what's causing the reports of DSG issues?

Questions!!!

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I wonder what is the highest "stage 1" dyno chart floating around. Anyone seen anything really impressive?

Lol :headbang:

You don't have enough posts, you're getting ignored :wosschilder980:

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Thanks.

I assume you mean the DSG Tune will also have an update. Will that be released also when the stage 1 update is finally released?
At present with the beta v3.1 and the v1.5 DSG tune its unbearbable and undriveable with the hard shifts (especially in manual mode). Can't get an answer if it is isolated to my box code or if it is experienced by others with the DSG tune or what to expect ... or what can be done about it ... or if it has been addressed in a later beta revision.
All is well in stock mode and with the current release though.

Also, it wasn't apparent in your previous posts that you have the DSG tune... that actually makes me feel better about the DSG issues; if they are caused by the interplay between the ECU and DSG tunes, they should not be an issue for those of us on stock DSG software.

Right, Arin?? This was the cause of much confusion earlier in the thread.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Also, it wasn't apparent in your previous posts that you have the DSG tune... that actually makes me feel better about the DSG issues; if they are caused by the interplay between the ECU and DSG tunes, they should not be an issue for those of us on stock DSG software.

Right, Arin?? This was the cause of much confusion earlier in the thread.

It was. I said it in my first post about it. There was no confusion.
I also said someone else who did not have the DSG tune experienced the same issues.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

We're just releasing an update for the DSG software. The update is closely matched to this new software in that shift points will be more ideal for the new tune, and / or everything else we've learned making DSG software for a while.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Sneak peak on new numbers or nah?

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
It was. I said it in my first post about it. There was no confusion.
I also said someone else who did not have the DSG tune experienced the same issues.

We're just releasing an update for the DSG software. The update is closely matched to this new software in that shift points will be more ideal for the new tune, and / or everything else we've learned making DSG software for a while.

Understood, I'm good now.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Arin,

I know APR doesn't do hardware installs out of Opelika anymore, but do you still do upgrade flashes? Just wondering if I am going to need to pay a local tuner to get my new files once they are released...

Status
Not open for further replies.