GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Driver Gear/VWR Spring Thread

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah, the car feels great right now, it mostly a looks thing because the rear passenger side is a bit higher then rear driver side.

Then buy one TT pad and put it on the driver's side rear to raise it up a little & have it equal

(That's what I do on my Passat V6...the battery is in the trunk on the driver's side, so the driver's rear sits lower than the passenger rear)

But what if I want more my rear to lower a bit more? Do I need to go VWR?

Yup

oatzel

Ready to race!
That's what I would be worried about is the ride quality and the rest of the suspension. Hopefully someone can comment that has the setup I am asking about. Any rake? Thanks guys!
I have 4 door manual springs on my 4dr dsg. Sit just below 25 in the front and around 25 3/8 in the rear. Ride is fine. Honestly wish the rear was just a smidge lower

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I have 4 door manual springs on my 4dr dsg. Sit just below 25 in the front and around 25 3/8 in the rear. Ride is fine. Honestly wish the rear was just a smidge lower

:word:

mamock116

Ready to race!
What kind of suspension setup your running and how many finger gaps both front and rear? Dsg or manual? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am running stock shocks and my other mods are in my sig. Id say it is about 1.5 finger gap on both the front and rear. I have a manual transmission.

bwatson009

VW from the beginning...
Post-installation

Here's what mine looks like after settling with the stock wheels.

stockwheels.jpg

Then after installing my new 19"wheels. (Rear has settled in after driving. Looks a tad high in this photo due to jacking up the car.)

newwheels.jpg

marylandgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Woot finally got mine in. Also switched to TT control arm bushings and 034 strut mounts. Defiantly less movement up front, still on the fence for swaybars.

bwatson009

VW from the beginning...
Woot finally got mine in. Also switched to TT control arm bushings and 034 strut mounts. Defiantly less movement up front, still on the fence for swaybars.

Looks good man! Where in MD are you? I'm right here in good ol' Catonsville.

dmichael

Ready to race!
Then buy one TT pad and put it on the driver's side rear to raise it up a little & have it equal

(That's what I do on my Passat V6...the battery is in the trunk on the driver's side, so the driver's rear sits lower than the passenger rear)

Yup

Whats a TT Pad and where can I find them. I'm wanting to raise just my fronts a tiny bit as the drop in my front is too low for me, rear is fine, I want F & R to match (no rake)

dmichael

Ready to race!
Now I have read backwards and found that TT Pads are only good to raise the rear, anything out there to take out some forward rake and raise up the front a tiny bit?