GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

City light LED suggestions

50Fathom

So I did the city light mod on my R and was curious to see what bulbs you use, those of you that have also done the mod.

I had some "11W OSRAM" bulbs from my old car (from autolumination.com) that I put in for now, but as you can see they are not too bright nor do they match the colour of the LED strip too well.

I realize the size of the small housing will limit the emitted light as will the shape, but I have seen pics of other cars with brighter (appearing) city lights. So what are you running? How bright is it and how well does it match?

zrickety

The Fixer
Looks good. Did you have to make a coding change with vcds?

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Here's what I did for $15. LED on left, OEM on right. They match the color of the OEM xenon's. As for brightness, I don't know what to say. These are brighter than stock but they're limited because the housing in the headlight is so small.

Matching the LED strip is going to be difficult because it's a warmer color temperature. You probably need to look at something around 4000K. The LED's I used are also available in 4100K and 3000K so you may want to try them. They will definitely be a closer color match than what you currently have.

Last edited: