GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From GTI to GT no I

wudini

Passed Driver's Ed
manual guys are just jealous. I was exclusively a stick shift guy, but the DSG in manual mode with paddle shifters made a believer out of me.

What DSG guys mean when they say this is: I'm lazy, and don't argue or I'll point out how much faster the DSG is. :middlefinger:

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Congrats, FASTBALL, hope you enjoy it. I'm addicted to hatchbacks now, but that Passat is a looker, and the V6 is a sweet motor.

Ha. GT, no I, indeed...lol

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
What DSG guys mean when they say this is: I'm lazy, and don't argue or I'll point out how much faster the DSG is. :middlefinger:

Ban hammer time.

:paddle:

literally laughed out loud on that one :laugh:

:sm3:

Congrats, everybody loves a VR6. The DSG is really a great transmission, manual guys are just jealous. I was exclusively a stick shift guy, but the DSG in manual mode with paddle shifters made a believer out of me.

Congrats, its a nice car. I was thinking of possibly getting one myself, but no manual trans is a deal breaker for me.

And manual vs DSG debate in 4....3...2....1

^it's like you're psychic...

I've owned 2 DSG cars and 2 MT cars. First DSG was my first car, both MTs were #2 and #3, and my 2nd DSG was #4 (in order of ownership, not ranking preference).

I'm a manual guy. Bout to sell my MK7 DSG

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well the NMS Passat had the manual with the 2.5, the TDI, and briefly with the 1.8t

The V6 never stood a chance of getting a manual and ended up with the DSG. That said the quirks of the DSG, like in the GTI & with the 2.0T, are non existent.
The VR6 pairs up PERFECTLY with the DSG and drives waaay smoother/better
No clunkiness or jerkiness whatsoever

I'm a manual guy too, but the DSG is way better/tolerable with the VR6

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
There is very much more science involved in the DSG gearbox. Bill Nye would also agree.

Stick shifts sure are nice, but they are becoming like dinosaurs. There is room on the planet for both.

Fastball

Ready to race!
It looks like a larger GLI. What was the OTD price if you don't mind. the GT only comes with FWD right?

The car is in short supply so negotiating isn't like a run of the mill Passat. Got 2k off sticker. Did get a decent price on my GTI trade in considering it needed a lot of maintenance. Yes only FWD. Actually the Passat GT has no options available except four different colors; black, white, silver, and gray. All GTs come equipped identically.

Fastball

Ready to race!
Congrats, FASTBALL, hope you enjoy it. I'm addicted to hatchbacks now, but that Passat is a looker, and the V6 is a sweet motor.

Ha. GT, no I, indeed...lol

I know it's a Passat, probably the most boring sedan on the market but the makeover VW did to it is amazing. It's like a completely different car to me. Go search one one out for yourself, take a look at it, sit in it, drive it and you'll almost think you are in a big GTI. I like it more every day.