GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED tails - my install video

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
The ECS tails are expected to be in August 30th though, so theres some waiting. I want them too! And TM tuning has the wire harnesses/converters plus a simple coding box that does the vagcom fix for the bulb out light without the vagcom cable and software. Both are around 40 - 45 bucks.
the shipping dates are always pushed back. i ordered mine on june 2, and they told me that it's going to be shipped on the 30th; fine, since i know a lot of people want 'em so i waited; then i got a notice that the shipping date would be pushed back to july12; then waited again...i checked on that day what the update was, just to find out it's pushed back AGAIN till first week of august. it really made no sense so i cancelled my order, and found out that PG Performance has it for the same price and the wait is just about a week. i just got them in the mail and i can't wait to have it installed! :happyanim:

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
The bulb out would annoy me -.-

Mick431

Ready to race!
If i thot it was this easy i would buy them in the morning! is it really that easy? What is all this "vagcom" stuff? i really dont understand how it works?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
If i thot it was this easy i would buy them in the morning! is it really that easy? What is all this "vagcom" stuff? i really dont understand how it works?

Yes, it takes only a few minutes to install.

VagCom or the code box (sold by TMTuning.com) will clear the bulb error you will receive by installing LED tals.

Its all very simple.

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
Yes, it takes only a few minutes to install.

VagCom or the code box (sold by TMTuning.com) will clear the bulb error you will receive by installing LED tals.

Its all very simple.

But thats only for people with the reverse foglight right? I ordered the adapters, but didn't get the codebox because of that.

When I get mine I hope it is PnP or I gotta find someone with VAGCOM.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
But thats only for people with the reverse foglight right? I ordered the adapters, but didn't get the codebox because of that.

When I get mine I hope it is PnP or I gotta find someone with VAGCOM.

You need VAG to code the rear fog. If you don't get lights with with a rear fog you still need VAG or a code box to get rid of the error light. LOL, you also need VAG to enable both rear reverse lights.

I have a March 10 build date and still needed to code the car to get rid of the error light. On the plus side, the code box seems to allow me to run LEDs elsewhere and not get an error code. Now I just need to get VAG to enable both of my reverse lights.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
Be careful, the code box does not work with dual reverse lights.

So the box only works with the rear fog lights. Good to know. I guess you have to get some VAG-COM and figure out how to do the led fix.

You need VAG to code the rear fog. If you don't get lights with with a rear fog you still need VAG or a code box to get rid of the error light. LOL, you also need VAG to enable both rear reverse lights.

I have a March 10 build date and still needed to code the car to get rid of the error light. On the plus side, the code box seems to allow me to run LEDs elsewhere and not get an error code. Now I just need to get VAG to enable both of my reverse lights.

So the code box will get rid of the error but only work with one reverse, and you need VAG-COM to get both reverse lights, and you also need it to enable rear fog.

So basically, don't buy the code box if you're in the US. lol.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Well, can use the code box if you're fine with 1 reverse light! But need VAG if you want them both. IMO, I don't feel it was a waste of money since I can now use LEDs in other lights (such as city lights) and not throw a code.

zee

Go Kart Champion
So the box only works with the rear fog lights. Good to know. I guess you have to get some VAG-COM and figure out how to do the led fix.

So the code box will get rid of the error but only work with one reverse, and you need VAG-COM to get both reverse lights, and you also need it to enable rear fog.

So basically, don't buy the code box if you're in the US. lol.

The code box does not have the coding for all Mk6 as the configurations are slightly different depending on build dates. A few people ran into issues with it on vwvortex.

oythovki

Vag Com

Please help, I have installed these and got 5 error codes, 1 for each brake light, 1 for each side light and 1 for the rear fog. I did a full scan with vag com and cleared all faults, however, the fault for the fog keeps coming back. Anyone know how to get rid of this? Cheers

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
So your saying I can install these on my USA 2010 GTI car and vagom the bulb error code out?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
So your saying I can install these on my USA 2010 GTI car and vagom the bulb error code out?

Yes, several here have done it.

I don't have VAG handy so I bought the code box to clear my error code.

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
Yes, several here have done it.

I don't have VAG handy so I bought the code box to clear my error code.

So the code box clears the code, but the only downside is that you will have only 1 reverse light right?

I think I can live with that until I find someone to do it.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
So the code box clears the code, but the only downside is that you will have only 1 reverse light right?

I think I can live with that until I find someone to do it.

Correct. I too am fine living with 1 reverse light for awhile too. Much better than having the error light and warnings.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Maybe we can do a group buy >.>