GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U-20t's Build Part 2 - Uber MK6 - Big Turbo DSG 4 Motion Swap - Its about going fast

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
spares are for hoebags that need options.

Starting the major surgery of swapping trunk floors?

Figured Id do some weight reduction... :wosschilder980:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Did some work this week, few more parts ordered. Fun finding out all the stuff you missed.

Templated hole, yup my creeper helped in multiple times on this project.

Made some dinner (I like to cook and building cars) Ahi Tuna, Orange Soy Ginger Reduction

Back to the build...

All Seam Sealed and Painted

FWD IRS Parts - $100 obo for all of it picked up

More to come :)

Ps - Trans Setup and Turbokit are sold and gone. Unitronic Catback and various oem parts are still available.

Last edited:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
there should be some mk6 jetta guys interested in it. i had a couple offers on mine from the mk5 for bagged guys that couldn't lay the rear out due to the solid beam.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Cars and food. All in the same post. Life doesnt get much better than that haha.

smokey24

Ready to race!
Haha tornado!!! An organized one. Hate to see the interior of the car and the other bay. Lol. I bet it's packed. Hate to see someone do this job and not have any kind of organization skills. Lol. Be a disaster.

Harness work - one of a few... using oem style harness tape and twisting for data, do it right or don't do it at all.

and for fun some of the parts removed and to be installed. keyword is some the parts, the other bay and interior of the car is full too.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Rear end and tank before install, tank install was mocked up last night. Looks like rain for the rest of the week so probably will not get much done. Need to get the rear end in, brakes bled and driveshaft mounted so I can get it back into my garage to finish up loose ends.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Looking great. You're moving along nicely. What are the next steps?

Thanks. Ton left but getting closer.

1. Have to get the rear end in and tighten all the rear suspension once there is a load on it. (Alignment by others later)
2. Waiting on a gas tank strap
3. Evap parts install
4. Bleed brakes
5. Mock up and install driveshaft
6. Build and install dsg cooler brackets and cooler itself
7. Replace a seal in my transfer case
8. Change out my shifter
9. Turbo kit
10. Exhaust install and brackets
11. Coding
12. Testing systems
Etc

That is some of the list but there is more, but getting closer.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
Rear is now bolted in and fits well some adjustment to the suspension and few other things and rear end is done :D

woohoo!!!