GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Sway Bar Discussion Thread

Renck

Ready to race!
They are 27mm both, and I am using whiteline adjustable end links front and rear too.

Thanks for the quick response. I received yesterday the Whiteline front end links. I recall reading a review of a person reporting issues using rear Whiteline end links. So, I'm assuming you didn't experience any issues with them. Right?

Found the review:

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volkswagen--Golf-GTI-Rabbit--MK6--10-2014--2.0T/Steering-and-Suspension/Strut-and-Sway-Bars/Hotchkis-Rear-Sway-Bar-Set-MK5-MK6-A3.html

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the quick response. I received yesterday the Whiteline front end links. I recall reading a review of a person reporting issues using rear Whiteline end links. So, I'm assuming you didn't experience any issues with them. Right?

Found the review:

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volk...rs/Hotchkis-Rear-Sway-Bar-Set-MK5-MK6-A3.html

I have the end links installed from 3 years and and I had no problem with it till now.
Fitting is okay, keeping in consideration that my car is very low, specially my Scirocco now.

Renck

Ready to race!
I have the end links installed from 3 years and and I had no problem with it till now.
Fitting is okay, keeping in consideration that my car is very low, specially my Scirocco now.

Thanks again! I'll keep that in consideration as I'm not planning to lower the car like 1 inch or so.

Coilovers are supposed to arrive today, front sway bar early next week and I still need to order the rear sway bar + rear end links. Gee.....I need to really stop with these mods!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Thanks again! I'll keep that in consideration as I'm not planning to lower the car like 1 inch or so.

Coilovers are supposed to arrive today, front sway bar early next week and I still need to order the rear sway bar + rear end links. Gee.....I need to really stop with these mods!

Good luck, specially with stopping mods.
I took this discussion years ago that I won’t mod anymore and that’s enough. You know what, I stopped. I stopped saying that and kept moving modified more aggressively! [emoji1]

Renck

Ready to race!
Good luck, specially with stopping mods.
I took this discussion years ago that I won’t mod anymore and that’s enough. You know what, I stopped. I stopped saying that and kept moving modified more aggressively! [emoji1]

I'll be joining your club soon then. LOL

Renck

Ready to race!
Hi guys! I just purchased an APR front anti-sway bar (27 mm):

http://www.ngpracing.com/newstore/apr-motorsport-roll-control-sway-bar-front-mk5-gti-gli-audi-a3-8p-2006-mk6-gti-mk6-gli.html

and now I'm looking at the Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar (27 mm):

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volkswagen--Golf-GTI-Rabbit--MK6--10-2014--2.0T/Steering-and-Suspension/Strut-and-Sway-Bars/Hotchkis-Rear-Sway-Bar-Set-MK5-MK6-A3.html

Based on what I was able to find the APR sway bar was made by Hotchkis (first post here), so I think this combo should work.

Thoughts? Any other rear sway bar to consider?

As many things in life............change on plans on the rear sway bar: two new options under consideration are:

Neuspeed 25mm - Tubular

https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/neuspeed-25mm-rear-anti-sway-bar-06-13-a3-08-09-tt-mk5-slash-mk6-golf-mk5-slash-mk6-jetta-b6-passat

Whiteline 24mm - Solid

https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/whiteline-24mm-bwr20xz

034 Motorsport 25.4mm - Solid

https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/034motorsport-solid-rear-sway-bar-034-402-1003

Remember this rear bar will be used with an ARP Front Sway Bar. Thoughts?

Renck

Ready to race!
I would suggest going for Hotchiks, they are same as APR as they are the original producer of APR, same size 27mm and much cheaper.

Thanks! The only two considerations are:

Reports that the 27mm rear bar is way too big
I found a Neuspeed 25mm rear bar at a really good price

Decisions, decisions

Front sway bar at home now:

rsz_20171004_171958.jpg

Front end links too:

rsz_20171004_180354.jpg

Last edited:

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Soooo....I put a new sway bar and end links on last Thursday and I’m really happy with them. I really need to adjust my driving and tire pressures because I spun twice on Sunday, but it’ll be good when I get it sorted. My problem is, when I finished my event on Sunday I had a rear end clunk, but only at very low speeds (under 30 mph) and on very slight left hand turns. It’s weird. I got it up and checked the torque on the sway bar and end links, made sure nothing was loose in the rear suspension, etc... but it’s almost like something is hitting the floorboard or body panels in the rear. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Soooo....I put a new sway bar and end links on last Thursday and I’m really happy with them. I really need to adjust my driving and tire pressures because I spun twice on Sunday, but it’ll be good when I get it sorted. My problem is, when I finished my event on Sunday I had a rear end clunk, but only at very low speeds (under 30 mph) and on very slight left hand turns. It’s weird. I got it up and checked the torque on the sway bar and end links, made sure nothing was loose in the rear suspension, etc... but it’s almost like something is hitting the floorboard or body panels in the rear. Any suggestions?

Check everything underneath the car with the suspension loaded (i.e. on ramps)

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you figure out what the clunk is? I am getting the same.

I got the Neuspeed 28mm hollow RSB. I still have the stock fronts with all stock suspension. I went with the Neuspeed suggestion (similar to what 034 says) in that we don't need to change the FSB. I figure they have a lot more suspension experience than anyone here in the forum would. So I'll try it out. From this forum, I would supposedly get snap oversteer with this setup. I've *tried very hard* to coax this, but have not been successful. I even jam on the brakes while turning and still no snap oversteer. Maybe I'm not going fast enough? Do i need to turn off traction control?

For folks who are curious, the stock RSB is 4 lbs. The Neuspeed 28mm hollow is 7 lbs. The extra stiffening brackets were 3 lbs. Thus, I gained 6 lbs in the upgrade process. No big deal.

I just set the RSB into the "hard" setting. This setting is supposedly 268% increase over the stock 21.7mm bar. The "soft" setting is 202% increase over stock. I just noticed the clunk (rear passenger side) since setting it to hard. I will change it to soft to see if I can still hear the clunk. All bolts that I touched during the installation are tight and torqued.

Any thoughts?

Tifore

Ready to race!
Did you figure out what the clunk is? I am getting the same.

I got the Neuspeed 28mm hollow RSB. I still have the stock fronts with all stock suspension. I went with the Neuspeed suggestion (similar to what 034 says) in that we don't need to change the FSB. I figure they have a lot more suspension experience than anyone here in the forum would. So I'll try it out. From this forum, I would supposedly get snap oversteer with this setup. I've *tried very hard* to coax this, but have not been successful. I even jam on the brakes while turning and still no snap oversteer. Maybe I'm not going fast enough? Do i need to turn off traction control?

For folks who are curious, the stock RSB is 4 lbs. The Neuspeed 28mm hollow is 7 lbs. The extra stiffening brackets were 3 lbs. Thus, I gained 6 lbs in the upgrade process. No big deal.

I just set the RSB into the "hard" setting. This setting is supposedly 268% increase over the stock 21.7mm bar. The "soft" setting is 202% increase over stock. I just noticed the clunk (rear passenger side) since setting it to hard. I will change it to soft to see if I can still hear the clunk. All bolts that I touched during the installation are tight and torqued.

Any thoughts?
Possibly your subframe that is clunking? Just a guess... Tyrolsport Deadset Kit will fix it.

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Possibly your subframe that is clunking? Just a guess... Tyrolsport Deadset Kit will fix it.

I have all Tyrolsport Deadset Kits and my front are clunking too!
I have hotchkis 27mm hole F&R sway bars with the stuffiness Settings and whitline F&R endlinks.

THANKS for the tip! I checked them out. They were tight and didn't appear to have any movement.

But the noise seems to have come from the end link nut coming slightly loose. I tightened it and the noise went away. However, after a while it came back. I assume it loosened again (despite me torquing to spec). The bars were set to full stiffest. I will set them to soft and see if the nut loosens again.

For the record, it seems that the only time that I was able to get the back end to swing around is when I turned off the traction control and *really* turned left (or right) really hard. I felt the outer rear tire come off the ground and come back down. I have all stock suspension except for the Neuspeed 28mm hollow rear sway bar.