GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stoptech ST41 anyone using it?

TheGolfGTI

Stoptech ST41 anyone using it? Is it worth the $$ or is it just to small of an upgrade?

I am trying to choice between dumping a lot of money on the ST41 or saving some and getting a set of R calipers and rotors.

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
During all the research I've done so far the Stoptech ST41 always got stellar reviews from a price/performance standpoint.
If you source new R brake components you are looking at almost the same cost as the ST41 and I'd take the Stoptech over the R brakes as they are lighter (the R brake calipers are heavy) and have better brake modulation from what I've read.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
I have them, I think I need new pads but overall I was very happy with them, obviously not mind blowing stoping power but better than stock, no squishyness, good modulation, great for the track with the right pads. For daily, you can get the pads off rockauto, high end pads for like $50, a lot cheaper than most other bbks.

gichoke

Passed Driver's Ed
TBH this kit is not that expensive if you search online with the various color part numbers in google shopping. Tons of vendors resell these with little markup. I think you can score a kit for <1.5k. Go on the stoptech site to grab the part numbers that fit and search all of them. Here is an example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=82.....69i57j69i61.136j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

For the price you get much better caliper than a Golf R and fitment issues are non-issue.