GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Oil

TheAire

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys, I was thinking about maybe doing a 15k mile change myself since I don't want to go the full 10k between oil changes again. I was looking for some 5w 40 at the Advance Auto the other day just figured I would start looking. The only one I found in 5w 40 in Mobil 1 was The diesel version. I read the back and it said that it has special additives for Turbos. I can't find it on the list though, so is this good to use? or has anybody else used it?

Thanks in advance.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Castrol Syntec 5w-40.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Umm use the VW approved oil. That particular oil had a few things filtered out to make it viable for the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter)

mrghost

Passed Driver's Ed
Do not use the diesel oil. You need to look for VW specs 502 and 505 on the bottle. The only Mobil oil that meets that is 0w40. It doesn't have to be Castrol either. Castrol pays VW to put that logo on your oil cap.

TheAire

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok thanks guys! good thing i asked :eek:

TheAire

Passed Driver's Ed

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Do not use the diesel oil. You need to look for VW specs 502 and 505 on the bottle. The only Mobil oil that meets that is 0w40. It doesn't have to be Castrol either. Castrol pays VW to put that logo on your oil cap.

This is true.

I've had good results with the Castrol, though.

mrghost

Passed Driver's Ed
Is 0W good for your car tho? I'm a little skeptical about using a 0W

All that 0W means is that it flows good at cold temps. In other words, when you start your engine, you know the oil is immediately flowing and reducing wear. Startup is the worst cause of wear in an engine, and the longer the oil takes to circulate...

The Mobil 1 0W40 is probably the best commonly available oil you can choose for your GTI.

TheAire

Passed Driver's Ed
All that 0W means is that it flows good at cold temps. In other words, when you start your engine, you know the oil is immediately flowing and reducing wear. Startup is the worst cause of wear in an engine, and the longer the oil takes to circulate...

The Mobil 1 0W40 is probably the best commonly available oil you can choose for your GTI.

Ohhh ok very good to know!

Thank you! :w00t: