GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need New Engine

brad7373

Passed Driver's Ed
I need a new engine, my timing chain failed. Should i buy a salvaged car, take what i need then part out ? or should i look for just a used/ rebuilt engine?

I live in new york, open to any ideas at this point. Id even be looking to do a K04 build at the same time if i do the work myself.

brad7373

Passed Driver's Ed
36k miles but modded and told i voided. How do you fight the dealer. i only have stage 2 with eurojet downpipe and intake... apr tuned aswell

brad7373

Passed Driver's Ed
Ask who vwoa do i just call the customer care hotline.

I can't believe the apr would void warranty if dealer sells it

KittehKinsMK6

Ready to race!
Go to a different dealer dude... The first one I went to told me the same crap then the next kne was like the tune shouldn't matter and vw covered me under warranty.....

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
100% if youre persistent and go to a few other dealers youll get it covered

If that doesnt work i might even talk to the manager of the apr dealership and say look im part of several VW communities and i have to make sure you dont do this to someone else, mod them, tell them its all gonna be fine then stick em with the bill for a new engine for a COMPLETELY UNRELATED PART THAT HAS BEEN WELL KNOWN TO FAIL ON STOCK CARS since this generation of GTI came out so you have to realize you're going to get a hell of a lot of bad publicity for this. You could even go to the local news. Someone will take the story for sure lol

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
possible chance of taking your car home and putting stock parts back on? hoping it wasn't flagged as a modified vehicle

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
Ask who vwoa do i just call the customer care hotline.

I can't believe the apr would void warranty if dealer sells it

I know Galpin VW sponsors Fastivus and are a mod friendly dealer. I spoke with the sale manager and he said they do not sale the ECU tunes for insurance purposes. he also said he doesn't know why some VW dealerships turn away work. warranty work is warranty work. everyone is going to get paid for it at the end of the day