GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 turbo question

brad7373

Passed Driver's Ed
i have an intake, straight pipe and apr stage 2 down pipe.

Can i add the frankenturbo or do i need anything else?

How do i contorl the boost manually for it or is a stage 2 or 3 tune good enough for it to jsut be a pure bolt on experience like advertised?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
manual around 20 is safe right?

correct, you can put it at around 24 even.

I've also found that you can back off the actuator adjustment instead of installing an MBC and it wont overboost.

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
The newly-introduced MixedFlow F23T is proving to be very compatible with K04 software. Just be mindful that "very compatible" translates to basically K04 performance. For most folks, the lower price of our turbo is reason enough. But if you're looking for K04-busting power with our hybrid, you should plan to retune to Eurodyne.

Thanks for considering us.

brad7373

Passed Driver's Ed
So if i have apr all i need is STAGE 3 tune and im all set to go? What about updating the injectors to keep A/F ration in check. The stage 3 tune wont "limp" me or make me "blow up" how much and where to get eurodyne in new york

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
APR does not sell their stage 3 software without their hard ware. I'm going with an Atp gt3076 using Unitronic stage 3 software. I will let you know how it is in about a week.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So if i have apr all i need is STAGE 3 tune and im all set to go? What about updating the injectors to keep A/F ration in check. The stage 3 tune wont "limp" me or make me "blow up" how much and where to get eurodyne in new york

You wont get by with stage 3 file. it is meant to be for big turbos and additional fueling