GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would golf R calipers fit my Golf Mk GT TDI (140HP) ?

Aqa1337

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Recently just bought a 2012 Golf MK6 GT TDI (140HP), found that every part of the car drives good apart from the braking power...

Did some research but honestly can't afford the BBKs...

So I thought what if I get second hand GTI or R32 or R callipers. Surely with bigger calipers plus new pads and discs would help?

I currently have 18inch Vancouver Alloys, Can get hands on second hand MK5 R32 callipers or MK6 R Callipers or MK7 GTI brake callipers or MK7 R callipers if I can fit them on.

Wondering if any one has done this before? Recommendations of which choice would be the best? Will all rotors models fit on to the car? Or bolts size will be depifferent?

Aqa1337

Personally, I think you'd be better off just upgrading to hawk street pads, a new set of OEM rotors (blank,) and grippy tires.

Take a look at this article, http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/brake-faq-mythbusting-why-you-may-not-want-big-brake-upgrade/

Many thanks for the information provided, I did do some research myself as well, but I do brake hard on corners and there for I do want the bigger calipers and pads and rotors. But at the same time, also need to change brake fluid and tyres... waiting for the Black Friday sale to buy everything that I need.