GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official BBK and wheel Fitment Guide

DarkCloak

Banned
Purpose: To provide aftermarket wheel and BBK fitment. The goal of this is to show how the wheel fits over the brakes. It is not a general wheel fitment guide. Please include the BBK used and the wheel specs. This way people can pick the BBK based upon their current or future wheel.

Brakes: Brembo 330mm 4 piston BBK
Wheel: Work Meister S1R
Size: 18x8
Offset: +40 with A-disc
Spacers: None used.

Fitment: Spoke clears Caliper by 3mm. Disc and caliper clearance is none issue.

Attachments

• bbk1.jpg
    bbk1.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 2,247
  • bbk2.jpg
    bbk2.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 2,518
  • wheel specs.jpg
    wheel specs.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 1,770
Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
What BBK is that - the boxster take-offs or? the calipers seem small? (no offense or nothing!)

Brakes: Stoptech 4 piston (ST40) 328mm 2pc slotted rotor BBK
Wheel: OZ Ultraleggera
Size: 18x8
Offset: +45
Spacers: None
Fitment: great, plenty of clearance.

Brakes: Stoptech 4 piston (ST40) 328mm 2pc slotted rotor BBK
Wheel: TR Motorsports (made by Enkei for Tire Rack)
Size: 17x8
Offset: +48
Spacers: None
Fitment: close!! anything higher than the +48 is probably asking for trouble. Sorry, dont have any close-ups for these, but its tight.

Last edited:

staynhome29

Ready to race!
BBS CO Clear by 1mm. I use 3mm H&R Trak+ spacers plus 30mm lugs (3mm) longer than standard just for piece of mind.

IMG_20111229_161114.jpg
IMG_20111229_161045.jpg

Brakes: Stoptech ST-40 (4 piston) 355x32 BBK
Brand: BBS CO
SIze: 18 x 8
Offset: et 44

ZeroRT

Ready to race!
TSW Interlagos - 18 x 8 et45

Stoptechs clear these as well. I measured with the template. About 1/4 inch clearance at a minimum.

I'll have these soon - just after I install my Borla kit and UB brace.

Attachments

• IMG_20120112_195308.jpg
    IMG_20120112_195308.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 1,990

DarkCloak

Banned
What BBK is that - the boxster take-offs or? the calipers seem small? (no offense or nothing!)

It is the 330mm BRembo 4 piston kit with 1 piece discs. Manufacturer Part #: 1A4.6008A2. They are probably similar in size to your 328mm. Stoptechs

Last edited:

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
which 18 inch wheels will clear cayenne 18z calipers??? the inside barrel on my ag m310's are hitting the caliper. my price range is <$1k.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Search on here. I think I found that the Neuspeed RSE07 clear (at least I think to recall reading this) and there is one vendor on here who sells them for just over $1k.

DarkCloak

Banned
Search on here. I think I found that the Neuspeed RSE07 clear (at least I think to recall reading this) and there is one vendor on here who sells them for just over $1k.

They go typically for $299/wheel. Use the template from the link below and send it to Neuspeed. It is from the ECS Stage 5 with Cayenne 6 pots. You will need to draw in the discs. Send it to Neuspeed and they should also be able to help. If you are limited to $1000.00 I recommend you look for used wheels. If you wait a little bit of time and extend your budget to say $1500 I guarantee you can get some fly wheels.

ECS Stg 5:

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edoc/ClearenceGuides_A3Sport-Stg5.pdf

If you cut out this template and glue it to a piece of cardboard and then include your rotor size. You can use it to calculate how much the spokes will need to clear the caliper. You can then measure from the hub to the end of the caliper. The key will will usually be the out top of the caliper as that is when contact usually occurs. The Neuspeeds though are designed to BBK friendly so hopefully they will fit. If your disc is too big you may need 19" wheels. What size disc?

Used Wheels:

http://vrwheels.com/

http://www.memoryfab.com/wheels/used

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion

Brakes: Stoptech 355mm Trophy Kit (should be same dimensions as the regular 355mm Kit)
Wheels: Neuspeed RSE07 18x8 ET45

Tons of space between spoke and caliper... no spacer needed:)

Tried fitting my OEM 18x8 ET 50 Karthoums... but it looks like I'll need an 8 to 10mm spacer to clear with those... that is whey I'm selling them and getting 19 inch Neuspeed RSE14's in a limited edition hyper-black color (similar to BBS's diamond black finish)

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Brakes: Boxster BBK
Wheels: VW Goals
Size: 17x7.5
Offset: +50
Spacers: H&R 8mm Hubcentric
Fitment: about 4mm of space left

DarkCloak

Banned
In the next few days I will post a few templates. golfmk6.com states that the files are too large. I will have to compress it. I will post the following kits:
Stoptech 328mm
Stoptech 355mm
Brembo 330mm
brembo 328mm
Golf R
ECS Stage 3
ECS Stage 5

This will allow quick reference for this BBK fitment and decision guide. Most of the four piston design such as Stoptech and Brembo fit pretty similarly if the disc diameter is the same. The calipers are shaped differently so that can determine wheel choice. More to come...