GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #1
yolotomasi
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Stock GTI MK6
P2187 code w/ Stratified tune

As the title says, my 2013 GTI had a CEL with a code of P2187 for system too lean at idle. This only occurs when using the tune provided to me by Stratified. When I use the Stage 2 tune direct preloaded on my Accessport by Cobb, I have zero issues. My vehicle is a 2013 GTI with Cobb Big SF Intake, GFB DV+, Arm Motorsports catted downpipe, and Cobb catback exhaust.

Somewhat related question: when I first saw the CEL come up, the AP was able to read what the trouble code was, but after clearing it, if I try and check the code, it says there are no active or pending codes. Has anyone else had this problem?
yolotomasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
smanierre
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolotomasi View Post
As the title says, my 2013 GTI had a CEL with a code of P2187 for system too lean at idle. This only occurs when using the tune provided to me by Stratified. When I use the Stage 2 tune direct preloaded on my Accessport by Cobb, I have zero issues. My vehicle is a 2013 GTI with Cobb Big SF Intake, GFB DV+, Arm Motorsports catted downpipe, and Cobb catback exhaust.

Somewhat related question: when I first saw the CEL come up, the AP was able to read what the trouble code was, but after clearing it, if I try and check the code, it says there are no active or pending codes. Has anyone else had this problem?
Did you tell Stratified you had that intake? The MAF housing is bigger so if they didn't adjust for it you'll get lean codes, just like how you have to use the cobb tunes specific to the intake.

As for the AP not reading codes, the car has to go through readiness checks before it will throw codes, I'd you didn't drive enough to meet them you want have any codes show up.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:30 PM   #3
Slowgti08
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2008 VW GTI Uni K04
Exactly what Smanierre stated above, a lot of people have been having issues with the COBB intake due to the MAF...
Slowgti08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #4
yolotomasi
Passed Driver's Ed

I did tell them I was using the Cobb intake. I also just sent in datalogs for the MAF calibration, but they said the fuel trims looked okay and no refinement is needed. Everything seems to be performing all right. I purchased an air straightener as I'd read that that might help correct the issue. What else should I be looking at?
Old 08-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #5
yolotomasi
Passed Driver's Ed

Also, the post title is wrong. I believe the correct code is P2177.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #6
Slowgti08
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2008 VW GTI Uni K04
From a few posts i read a lot of people changed the intake and that was the solution. These cars are very sensitive especially with the MAF.
Slowgti08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #7
yolotomasi
Passed Driver's Ed

I was hoping that I didn't have to go that route, but I guess if it's the only way to correct the problem, I don't have a choice.

Last edited by yolotomasi; 08-02-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:31 AM   #8
yolotomasi
Passed Driver's Ed

Checked readiness, and everything is showing as ready. CEL is lit. Been driving for hundreds of miles and still no codes displayed, but Autozone was able to find them.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM   #9
Frankenmk6
Ready to race!

Drives: 2012 GTI
The accessport sucks at finding codes lately. Idk if it's due to one of the updates or whatever. I have a CEL for the stupid radiator sensor and the accessport won't pick it up but my vag-com will. Not getting the codes on the accessport is common
Frankenmk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
yolotomasi
Passed Driver's Ed

Sent an email to Cobb, and they've responded asking for more information about what firmware I was on and whatnot. If they are able to resolve the issue, I'll update this post.

Still having fuel trim issues leading to a CEL. STFT and LTFT values are all over the place according to my AP with the LTFT fluctuating between 0.90-1.30 if I drive for more than five miles.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:13 AM   #11
Stock-GTI
Oval Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenmk6 View Post
The accessport sucks at finding codes lately. Idk if it's due to one of the updates or whatever. I have a CEL for the stupid radiator sensor and the accessport won't pick it up but my vag-com will. Not getting the codes on the accessport is common
I found that I can find the codes with the AP, but vcds will give more accurate codes or slightly different ones. Especially CELs that cause multiple codes.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #12
yolotomasi
Passed Driver's Ed

It's pretty frustrating. I am having a hard time diagnosing what exactly is wrong without being able to read the codes. Don't have access to VCDS either.