GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
soyfiti
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Golf GTI Mk6 White
DSG Slipping

Dear all

My dsg is doing some hesitations in 4th gear at about 3000k rpm.
In first instance i tought was my exhaust leaking i checked all the exhaust but was working well, no leaks ( i put the resonator back (//just in case).
Then i changed the DV i remove the dv+ and put another dv but still slipping. (Then i get back to the dv+)
Then i did a dsg maintance put ravenol oil and i did a clutch learining, but still sipping.

I was thinking to get back to stage 1 eurodyne.
Or maybe stock.

If this not solve the issue i was thinking to do a tcu tune to increment the clamping force.

What do you thinks guys about this, somebody can solve a similar issue like this?.

Best regards.
soyfiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
NYCSuits
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 GTI, '16 GSW SE LP/DP
You would have to be heavily tuned to cause a stock DSG to slip in 4th gear at 3k rpm. Also, a slipping DSG would cause rpms to rapidly increase for a second or two without acceleration.

Hesitation can be associated with spark plugs and coil packs.
Akrapovic | REVO | RNS510 Rev-Q | OEM Euro Cup Holder | OEM Euro Power Folding Mirrors | OEM Euro Mirrors | OEM Golf R Mirror Caps | OEM RLS Windshield | OEM RLS | OEM Dimming Mirror | OEM DG Springs | OEM LED Tails | OEM Dash Cubby | ECS CF Intake | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport | SPM RSB | 17" OEM Goals | 18" OEM VW Motorsport | 18" OEM Detroit | OEM+ | OEM Match Markers | OEM Lip Spoiler | 50% llumar | WeatherTech| Vagcom
NYCSuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:45 AM   #3
soyfiti
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post
You would have to be heavily tuned to cause a stock DSG to slip in 4th gear at 3k rpm. Also, a slipping DSG would cause rpms to rapidly increase for a second or two without acceleration.

Hesitation can be associated with spark plugs and coil packs.
It feels like the rpms starts to have some hesitation and climb until reach 4000k rpm then the car pulls normally.

Also the car did this sometimes,when you press the pedal full in 4 gear.

It is worth mentioning , the only fault vcds shows is a evap Incorrect purge flow error p0441 ( mechanic told me this is very commmon and "normal")

Last edited by soyfiti; 06-15-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
thatspsychotic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyfiti View Post
It feels like the rpms starts to have some hesitation and climb until reach 4000k rpm then the car pulls normally.

Also the car did this sometimes,when you press the pedal full in 4 gear.

It is worth mentioning , the only fault vcds shows is a evap Incorrect purge flow error p0441 ( mechanic told me this is very commmon and "normal")
Yeah I agree that it's a bit misguided to fault the DSG for this. It is either the tune or something engine hardware related. Hesitations are not the same as "slipping."

Honestly I'd suspect the PCV valve (can cause strange driveability issues, and you definitely want to stay on top of it to avoid rear main seal leaks, ask me how I know).

Edit: You also gotta run some logs to really be sure. Could be that the tune is a little too close to the edge and that the car is pulling some timing out. Or could be spark plugs as mentioned above. Def need more data.

Future: APR Downpipe | BFI Mounts | PTP Turbo Blanket | ST Coilovers
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #5
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Are you stage 2? Mine started doing false-neutrals and after getting a DSG tune that's no longer a problem.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #6
thatspsychotic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Are you stage 2? Mine started doing false-neutrals and after getting a DSG tune that's no longer a problem.
False neutral should feel pretty abrupt, no? Moreso than a "hesitation" I'd think.

Future: APR Downpipe | BFI Mounts | PTP Turbo Blanket | ST Coilovers
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #7
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatspsychotic View Post
False neutral should feel pretty abrupt, no? Moreso than a "hesitation" I'd think.
For sure. I had some hesitation issues as well. In the beginning it was hesitation from a stop then it got worse and started doing the false-neutral at about 4000 rpm.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
Old 06-15-2018, 10:16 PM   #8
soyfiti
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Yes dude, stage 2 Eurodyne.
Monday i will getback to stage 1 and i will check again.

If the problem does not solved i will change the PCV and replace valve cover gasket.

If this not solve the issue i will get back the car to stock.

DP: mine is different to false-netrauls, is like the car starts to climb until reach 4000 rpm.

Last edited by soyfiti; 06-15-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:50 PM   #9
BudgetPhoenix
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 09 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyfiti View Post
Yes dude, stage 2 Eurodyne.
Monday i will getback to stage 1 and i will check again.

If the problem does not solved i will change the PCV and replace valve cover gasket.

If this not solve the issue i will get back the car to stock.

DP: mine is different to false-netrauls, is like the car starts to climb until reach 4000 rpm.
There is no valve cover gasket, it uses an anaerobic rtv-like sealant. The "valve cover" is actually the bearing cam girdle so without locking timing up the cams will be exposed and can come out of time when removing it.
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM   #10
soyfiti
Go Kart Champion

I getback to stage 1 and the issue still there.
I am gonna take off the downpipe and i will put the original one.
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM   #11
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Why don't you swap out coil packs and spark plugs first? What codes is it throwing?
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #12
soyfiti
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Why don't you swap out coil packs and spark plugs first? What codes is it throwing?
Is throwing just P0441.
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #13
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Per this link: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89688

Have you checked the "purge solenoid"?
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #14
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Best post from that thread above... since you just did a downpipe install...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLeo View Post
Sounds like an exhaust leak. Check the welds and check the bolts on the turbo to make sure they are tight. Did you replace the exhaust gasket on the turbo when you did the downpipe? Maybe the Gasket failed. Ive over filled my gas tank many times to the point where its overflowing onto the paint and never got a cel from that.