GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is THIS why my amplifier stopped working?

Kilo Charlie

So I just got back from a 3000 mile roadtrip today, the trip was great but because we were packing a bunch of camping gear I had to take out my 12 inch pioneer subwoofer for space, my 1100w boss amp is bolted onto the back of my back seats so I left it there as it was pretty low profile to begin with..

Anyways during the trip I had my 12v cigarette lighter sockets stop working, and I just got back and plugged my sub back into the amp and all of a sudden the amp is not powering on AT ALL checked power connections, they look fine and snug ( I dont have a voltmeter to check ) everything was working before I left and now my subwoofer and amp do not work at all... I am sure I probably blew a fuse as neither of my 12v sockets work in my mk6 GTI I just dont know if these two issues are related or not.. :confused::(

any suggestions and or advice would be greatly appreciated!

B6JoeS4

Ready to race!
Sounds like the fuse blew for the cig lighter and the cig lighter power is being used as the remote turn on for the amp

Kilo Charlie

Yup it was a fuse, not the one I was thinking of tho, just went thru my fuse box and looked for any that were blown and sure enough the sound system fired back up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk