GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dummy's golf R build: Günther

ian dummy

Ready to race!
Summer rims are in!! Now to get the rubber put on them and get 'em on!!

Audi R8 reps. 18x8 et45 in gunmetal finish.

Elmexicano

Ready to race!
Dude!!!! What's up Dummy! This is Pierovw from vortex... :thumbup:

I had no idea you had build thread here in Mk6 hahaha nice to see your whole process in mods. Your R is looking great! :clap:

Nice wheels btw.... haha

ian dummy

Ready to race!
Thanks! I'm not cool enough on the 'Vortex for a build thread but people here are nicer.

It's definitely not a show queen, but I'm putting in a lot of work. My mods just tend not to show.

ian dummy

Ready to race!
On Thursday I drove him up to Canuckistan and left him in the capable hands of Marcel and the rest of the team at HPA Motorsports. They asked if I would let them borrow him for a few days for product fitment testing and development.

At this point I know I am coming home with a 3" downpipe with high flow cat, intake, and maybe a few other goodies. Pics to follow as HPA sends them to me.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
On Thursday I drove him up to Canuckistan and left him in the capable hands of Marcel and the rest of the team at HPA Motorsports. They asked if I would let them borrow him for a few days for product fitment testing and development.

At this point I know I am coming home with a 3" downpipe with high flow cat, intake, and maybe a few other goodies. Pics to follow as HPA sends them to me.

I love this build thread. I will be getting an R in the future, and like many Canuckistans, I'm very jealous of yours.

Sounds like you're getting some nice goodies from HPA. Any plans for a HPFP?

ian dummy

Ready to race!
Thank you. I'm really excited to see what the downpipe and intake do for my R.

I'm currently APR stage 1 but I may see what the tune HPA has will do for my car in the near future. They are working on a big turbo kit for the R so who knows what will happen. I am planning on a HPFP, but want to talk with Marcel and the guys more before getting one.

ian dummy

Ready to race!
So HPA sent me some pr0n tonight. Their golf R downpipe is complete and on my car. Now to just wait till Wednesday to go pick it up. Here are some pics. First one is their downpipe (right) next to the stock one (left) and the second one is the new downpipe on the car. I'll post sound clips when I get the R home.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
So HPA sent me some pr0n tonight. Their golf R downpipe is complete and on my car. Now to just wait till Wednesday to go pick it up. Here are some pics. First one is their downpipe (right) next to the stock one (left) and the second one is the new downpipe on the car. I'll post sound clips when I get the R home.

Nice piece. How's the car sound? Does APR have a stage 2 file for you?

ian dummy

Ready to race!
I actually just got back from DJing in Detroit this weekend and work tomorrow and Tuesday night so I am driving up to pick up my R on Wednesday. So, with that being said, I don't know what it sounds like yet. I'm sure it has a bit more growl as there is no resonator but I am sticking with the stock exhaust.

I am going to go get flashed to stage 2 on Thursday. I'm trying to make the decision right now whether to move to the HPA tune or not. Because I am one of their development cars I am probably going to...

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I actually just got back from DJing in Detroit this weekend and work tomorrow and Tuesday night so I am driving up to pick up my R on Wednesday. So, with that being said, I don't know what it sounds like yet. I'm sure it has a bit more growl as there is no resonator but I am sticking with the stock exhaust.

I am going to go get flashed to stage 2 on Thursday. I'm trying to make the decision right now whether to move to the HPA tune or not. Because I am one of their development cars I am probably going to...

Was out of town, but let us know MI folks know if your back in town again soon. Where we're you?