GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Workout Thread

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
How's my form on this? I hear different things from different people, and I feel like I have no arch in my lumbar. 4 sets of 10 flips of this bitch does me in. 727 pounds

http://youtu.be/Tr0s_uEIqsc

Nice hustle bro!

See how your hips are the first thing to rise when you lift? Your hips move up, stop, then your back kicks in, and then the tire starts moving. This is tiring your lower back a lot sooner than it has too.

Try getting your feet a little closer to the tire at the bottom. You'll have to adopt a wider starting stance, almost a sumo stance. This way your torso starts in a more upright position. Drive through your heels, maintaining an engaged and tight midsection, your shoulders and hips should rise at the same pace until your hips get close to full extension, then keep doing what you've been doing to get that bitch to flip. The instant you drive up the tire should start moving.

You should feel a more solid push off the ground and reduced fatigue in your back. See if this helps you at all.

That's a monster tire.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
There's a rec center next to my allergists office with a tire that's huge. I'll see if I can get a picture of it in the morning when I get my shots.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Nice hustle bro!

See how your hips are the first thing to rise when you lift? Your hips move up, stop, then your back kicks in, and then the tire starts moving. This is tiring your lower back a lot sooner than it has too.

Try getting your feet a little closer to the tire at the bottom. You'll have to adopt a wider starting stance, almost a sumo stance. This way your torso starts in a more upright position. Drive through your heels, maintaining an engaged and tight midsection, your shoulders and hips should rise at the same pace until your hips get close to full extension, then keep doing what you've been doing to get that bitch to flip. The instant you drive up the tire should start moving.

You should feel a more solid push off the ground and reduced fatigue in your back. See if this helps you at all.

That's a monster tire.

Good info man, I'll try it Wednesday.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Hope it helps.

Also keep in mind with the wider stance your knees will be facing outwards more than usual. When you drive up make sure to keep the knees tracking in the same directions as your toes. Don't let your knees cave in on the upward drive.

Copy that. I've never done any kind of a wide stance lift but I see what you're saying about the knee/toe position

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
I broke my PR this week on the leg press....
Lower rung (knees to chest), 450 lbs x 8 reps, followed by 75 lb dumbell goblet squats. Definitely seeing great results from my latest workout routine. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Never do any tire flipping, but my buddies at golds always do that and a ton of other stuff to train for strongman comps. They have the huge rocks, the car deadlift thingy,tires, and a ton of other random shit. I never do it with them though, but I've been thinking about trying it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to try tire flipping. My gym has some in their crossfit area but I can't really justify paying extra for that room since I'm only home on the weekends mostly.

We have several tires at work. I flipped the heavy tire while pulling the lighter tire 400m. That was a complete blast to the body. Kist make sure you keep your mechanics solid and consistent with the tires. People start getting tired and pull from the ground very sloppy and wear out their backs. Dead lift the tire up from the ground.

http://findfit.tumblr.com/post/77090357047/swam-a-half-mile-for-warm-up-afterwards-i-was#notes

Was working on my handstands yesterday.

Damn dude, that's some acrobatic shit.

Anyone else in here on a cut for summer? Im about 2.5 months into my cut, down to 184lb from 203ish (5'11).
anyone else on that mission for aesthetics? I've never had abs in my life so I'm having fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good man, damn! Nice job.

How's my form on this? I hear different things from different people, and I feel like I have no arch in my lumbar. 4 sets of 10 flips of this bitch does me in. 727 pounds

http://youtu.be/Tr0s_uEIqsc

That is a serious tire, 727 pounds! Beast.

today was the first triathlon of the season... 55* water temps, brutal!

Wow, that would be awful. Nice work getting through it. I hate being in any water colder than 78 or so… That's what living in Florida will do to you.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I've been sick with some sort of virus for 4 days now. I haven't been able to work out since Saturday and can't wait to get back to the gym. I've lost 6 pounds and can't keep any food down. This sucks...

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
We did Tabata squats yesterday. I thought that going for a ride on my mtb would be good active rest to get them loosened up. Man my legs are toasted from yesterday. I have zero explosiveness today.

For those that don't know Tabata it's bascially

Workout hard for 20 seconds
Rest for 10 seconds
Complete eight rounds

http://www.active.com/fitness/articles/what-is-tabata-training

We did eight rounds of each without racking the weight during rest.
Back Squats @ 135lbs
Front Squats @ 115lbs
Over Head Squats @ 95lbs.

Got a total of 160 reps.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
It's been a crazy weekend. I did yardwork/landscaping all day saturday. Sunday I did a 2.5 mile open water swim race, this morning was the BolderBoulder (50,000 people running a 10K at 5400+ feet) then a 42 mile road ride after it. I'm kinda tired.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
It's been a crazy weekend. I did yardwork/landscaping all day saturday. Sunday I did a 2.5 mile open water swim race, this morning was the BolderBoulder (50,000 people running a 10K at 5400+ feet) then a 42 mile road ride after it. I'm kinda tired.

That sounds like a training plan for a full ironman. :D

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Hit 465 on the lower rung of the leg press this week. Also figuring out 1 rep max so my trainer can write me a new workout routine to start next week. Gotta change it up!
Most importantly....Hit my body comp goal of 21% last night!!! Time to set some new goals....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk