GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo under boost code

Ebz13

My car is a 2012 gti. Check engine light came on a few days ago. Scanned it with a buddy's cheap scanner and came back turbo under boost. Started doing some research most of what I found pointed to bad turbo. The car doesn't seem to be loosing power though. It has a forge diverter valve on it. Wondering how to go about diagnosing the problem and what others have found with this. Don't want to throw a new turbo at it if it could just be the diverter valve or a sensor. There is some oil on the diverter valve as well as the sensor. Any input is Greatly appreciated. Only owned the car 4 months, 81,000 miles .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ebz13

Is that a forge DV spacer ? Those things are known to be crap.
To be honest not 100% sure bought the car off a used lot and I am finding more and more things done to it/problems

Ebz13

So it does look like a spacer to me (still new to all this kind of learning along the way). Order a upgraded diverter valve kit. Hopefully fixes the issue. ???

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
If I were you, I would remove the Forge spacer, check the DV for tears if it has a rubber diaphragm (if it's piston style, you don't have to worry about tears), and install the DV without the spacer to see if that fixes your problem.

fradooooo

Passed Driver's Ed
He’s not going to be able to remove spacer if he doesn’t have the original bolts since the spacer bolts are extended. Small amounts of oil on the diverter valve is normal due to the pcv system. Remove and inspect the actual diverter valve like others have said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laimface

Ready to race!
In that case, but a GFB DV+. Then check for other boost leaks.

Ebz13

Gonna check it out after work today either way I wanna remove the spacer. Thanks for the input guys hoping the diverter valve is the cause.

flight1us

Ready to race!
Bumppp