GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many girls drive GTI's?

hpowders

Ready to race!
One day a week they are released from the nursing home to drive their GTI's. I believe it's Tuesdays.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't know, but it seems to me that mostly 17-year-old little boys drive GTI's. You know, the ones with pimples, who wouldn't know what to do with a woman if she drew them a picture. They probably sit naked on their Interlagos and beat it.

SeanGee

It's a "cute" car, but it's definitely a guy's car. You'll be more likely to find chicks driving mustangs and trucks than driving a gti.

You don't need a "big truck" to prove you've got big balls.

:thumbup:

I would have to agree that the GTI is more of a guys car. Girls, for the most part, are indifferent about it. My girlfriend, for example, was very indifferent about it...until she drove it.

Girlfriend - "This car just goes where you tell it to go...it's like driving a little go kart! Why doesn't my altima feel like this?!"

Me - "Because it's an altima, not a GTI".

Same with the truck, you didn't go with a truck this time around because of the gas mileage and wanted a fun car to drive etc etc. To me, I would even drive around a Mini Cooper S - which is extremely fun to drive and many many women drive that.

If your wondering if women walk around with a macho meter your mistaken (not saying you think that just hitting all the points here plus the subject has already come up) - some do but not saying much about the individual if that's how they gauge people. Even though I've heard women say that men who drive trucks are sexy, it just really doesn't matter what you drive as long as you keep it clean and running properly (this is how I've heard the majority of women speak of the scenario).

I've driven many testosterone boosted cars per say - gt500, m3, etc. I still love this little car. It's fun and pratical, and IMO looks really cool. The GTI always caught my attention even when I drove my m3.

I still haven't seen a woman drive a GTI till this day...still waiting lol.

Just my two cents

Sean

Last edited:

shanexh

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm actually kinda surprised some of you haven't seen a woman driving a GTI, maybe the appeal of the GTI to women were I'm from is greater.Then again maybe it's just a matter of sheer numbers and the convenience a hatchback vehicle provides to someone in a big city that has traffic.

Here in Toronto I've seen several younger women driving MK6 GTIs, particularly white and red ones. I'd guess that I see 50/50 male/female GTI drivers in Toronto. I'd be tempted to say I see slightly more female GTI drivers than male, but that's probably only because I'm a guy and am more likely to notice a women driving one than another guy.

It could also be that they are driving their boyfriends car, or a family member. Parking can be pretty scarce in Toronto and likely a lot of couples/families only have one car.

That being said I'd still agree that the GTI is more of a guys car regardless.

kona

Here in Toronto I've seen several younger women driving MK6 GTIs, particularly white and red ones. I'd guess that I see 50/50 male/female GTI drivers in Toronto.

I totally disagree with you on that one. I live downtown and I go out alot and in the last year, I've only seen one (1) young girl (blond, 25ish) driving a mk5 CW gti parking her car on Queen West and one (1) old asian woman (60ish) driving a MK6 GTI at Warden/Steeles. All the rest are guys.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
My friend's mom has a 2012 CW 4 dr. My wife has driven my car a few times but she really isn't comfortable with a manual, she much prefers her Jetta.

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
I saw a cute girl driving a red 4-door GTI at the hospital on Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. She caught me admiring her car when she was getting in, too bad I had my stupid yaris rental with me...

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
How sad is this? The guys at work (I work in IT, and am the only girl on my team) make fun of me because of my obsession with my cars. :(
Yet for some reason they all want to ride in my car when we go out to lunch....hmmmmm....

Bender1

Banned
How sad is this? The guys at work (I work in IT, and am the only girl on my team) make fun of me because of my obsession with my cars. :(
Yet for some reason they all want to ride in my car when we go out to lunch....hmmmmm....

IT guys...

WinkleDinkle

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a young girl that works at the wawa near me with a modded out GTi. The wheels change on that car all the time. I guess I am in the wrong career as a software developer and need to apply at Wawa. God I hate spoiled kids...

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
There is a young girl that works at the wawa near me with a modded out GTi. The wheels change on that car all the time. I guess I am in the wrong career as a software developer and need to apply at Wawa. God I hate spoiled kids...

Making sandwiches is pretty damn lucrative.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Personally, while I love my car, I HATE being a girl in the car scene. Especially with my GTI. I go to meets and stuff for the same reason the rest of ya'll do, but never get treated the same. I understand that finding a girl who's as passionate about your car as you are is kinda rare, but still...
The leg humping is a bit annoying :p

Back on topic...I've seen only one girl in the ATL area who drives a GTI other than me. It was a mkv, but still a GTI. I definitely wish there were more.

Making sandwiches is pretty damn lucrative.

LOL