GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GodSpeed DP where

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
So i finished taking my OEM down pipe off last night, ready to slap it back on tonight . Took about 2 and half hours, first timer on the mark6. :thumbsup:

But I'm curious as to if the shop i take it to will or can replicate the holes to the OEM since the holes are barely off. I'm taking both so they should be to, and im also welding on the second bung for o2 sensor.

Anyone know where EXACTLY there suppose to shave off or drill?
i know some have said to shave off the top hole but if someone can show maybe on PS or something and outline it, it'll be awesome.
I just want to show to the shop and be prepared, that way they don't mess up. if its possible. lol thanks!

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
oooooops, mods can you take this out of Golf r and put in its rightful place, por favor!

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Nobody????

Just got a call back from the shop, and they said messed up the drill bit by trying to drill it bigger.:confused::confused::iono:

Lucas_R

Passed Driver's Ed
Im sorry - but i dont understand exactly what you are asking?

Are you trying to get the holes/bungs installed for the o2 sensors? So you have purchased a dump pipe without any holes? Cant the workshop just measure up approx where they need to be drilled (based off the positioning on your stock DP) and dill the holes?

Last edited:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
haha thanks. Just took it another shop, other shop just said couldn't do it. others said they won't do it, cause it's straight piped and illegal. but I got it done already.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Glad You got it done. I did the gasket trace thing too.

and you may want to watc out for this too... may exhaust hangar broke off of mine while driving hard.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit. I should get it welded it more ehh?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Glad You got it done. I did the gasket trace thing too.

and you may want to watc out for this too... may exhaust hangar broke off of mine while driving hard.

Holy crap, how many miles do you have on it?

I'm at 25k miles on the GSP DP and it's looking as strong as the day I put it on.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
My raceland cracked in the same spot, not fully broke off but was making a clicking noise. I welded the shit out of it and it's been fine ever since. I've got 64k on mine with no issues besides that.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
So putting it on was another fail.. holes don't line up whatsoever, and returning it probably isn't an option cause I added the second bung and drilled the a holes wider.
So I now have to cut out the marked sections on the picture below.
I'm pretty skeptic about it though, it shouldn't mess with anything will it? like if the hole in the center don't line up with the turbo itself?

Kinda regretting it now.:mad0259:

Last edited:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion

steemax

Go Kart Champion
you'll be fine, it shouldn't slip off of the studs.