GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BIG Red (Big turbo build)

Mbutler183

Ready to race!
BIG Red (Big Turbo Build)

2011 VW GTI Autobahn (Nav,Sunroof,Leather)
CURRENT PARTS LIST

Exterior:
Miro 111 Wheels 18x8.5 (Black)
Deautokey License Plate LEDS
DEPO Euro LED Tail lights

Interior:
Deautokey interior LED lighting (Dome lights, footwell lights)
Raceseng Shift Knob
Newsouth Boost Gauge/Vent Setup

Performance:
Mamba GTX3067R Turbo
ECS Intake
Tial 44mm Wastegate (Dumped to atmosphere)
Unitronic DV Relocation
GFB DV+
Coolingmist Water-Meth kit CM14 Injector, 2 Gallon Tank
IE Throttle Body Plate ^
Southbend Stage 3 Daily
BFI Stage 1 Motor/Tranmission Mounts
Do88 Intercooler
Custom Boost Pipes
Custom Downpipe
Vanguard Cat-Back Exhaust
DieselGeek Short Shifter
R8 Coilpacks
Custom Tuned by "MaboTech" - Eurodyne tuning

Suspension/Handling:
FK Coilovers
StopTech Front Brake Pads/Rotors

COMING SOON:
Suspension Mods (All Bushings, End Links, Sway Bars)
LSD (Looking at Mfactory)
Built Motor (Bottom and Top end)

Youtube Channel

Car started bone stock, Purchased from CarMax (I Work There):

Went APR Stage 1, Installed H&R Super Sports and Tinted Windows within the first week of Ownership:

Next Phase was APR Stage 2 (Used a Eurojet Downpipe) I also installed a NewSouth Boost Gauge at this time:

Finally had the money for coilovers and new wheels, So I replaced springs and detroits:

Also acquired LED Tails:

Before I even purchased this vehicle I knew I wanted to throw a larger turbo on it and at this point I finally realized it was time. Unfortunately there isn't many photos of the Original setup but I bought a used GT3071R Turbo and ATP manifold and installed it. Destroyed the transmission on my way up to Import Alliance in GA:

New Transmission went in and everything was fine, Installed the Water-Methanol Kit and my turbo decided it was done and blew. Back on the Truck...

At this point I was hating my decision to go Big Turbo as it had been nothing but issues (Was planning for some issues naturally but this was unreal). Over about 14 months the car was in the shop for about 7 months. I bought a Tacoma to daily during this time.

I finally was able to buy a new turbo, I also decided to buy a brand new wastegate as this time (Tial 44MM).

Heres a picture of the turbo:

Now we are completely up to date. The car has been running strong on the new turbo and water-meth setup. Sitting at 26psi right now and around 430WHP. Future mods can be seen above.

I will update this with more photos as I find them.

Last edited:

Mbutler183

Ready to race!

Stack of parts is increasing. Intercooler is on its way, Everything going in December 12th!

Also did the clutch install last week:

Although something isn't right, Bled the lines multiple times, no air but the clutch pedal falls to the floor after 10 miles of driving... We are dropping the trans again tomorrow to inspect. Fun times!

Mbutler183

Ready to race!
Made some progress over the past few days:
1. BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2 Tires
2. Engine/Tranny Mounts installed
3. Brakes installed
4. ECS Intake installed (Replacing the APR)
5. Spark plugs, etc all taken care of.

Literally only need to put in the GT30 and Intercooler. Things are about to get fast!

EDIT: Most links have broken. RIP

Last edited: