GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kickin' off 2011 w/ some new goodies

panthrax

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks good Mischievious! that helix amp must be some unit if you're happy enough to have it in a few cars already..where abouts in brunei did you get it or did you order them online? iv been contemplating on upgrading the slightly lacking stock sound system for a slight upgrade.

jumpman

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, great stuff. Quick question about the amp, does it come with the harness or did you need to buy that separately?

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Hey fellow buds... sorry I've been MIA from the forum. been busy with work and have just recently come back from a short holiday. Will be putting up another thread shortly with new minor add ons.

What do tou think, we can put on our R wider wheels on the rear?

Hey dude... I reckon 19 x 8.5 would be as wide as I'd go. currently running 235/35/19 and there is the very rare rub. i can imagine 19 x 9 would be a super challenge and you may need to roll up the arches especially if you plan to dump the car though. I know of some dude running 20 x 8.5 here on their GTI and honestly it looks a lil too big for the car though its pretty G'd up.

Looks good Mischievious! that helix amp must be some unit if you're happy enough to have it in a few cars already..where abouts in brunei did you get it or did you order them online? iv been contemplating on upgrading the slightly lacking stock sound system for a slight upgrade.

Hey bud... I bought them at my mates store in Gadong, Seng Hoe Huat. they're about BND350 if memory serves me correctly. the acoustics in the car have really come to life. if you wanna have a listen and if you're from Brunei drop me a PM.

Wow, great stuff. Quick question about the amp, does it come with the harness or did you need to buy that separately?

Hi Jumpman... sorry for the late reply. the Helix amp comes complete with the harness. not a hassle to fit. still enjoying my factory setup with the add on. you contemplating on getting the kit?

panthrax

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks Mischiveous.. Yeah I was thinking about upgrading the factory audio just a weebit myself.

Last edited:

mk6r

Hey Mischiveous great ride you got there mate! Looks great and i am sure its a joy to drive! Wanted your input on something...i am looking to upgrade the IC and the piping however which particular Neuspeed Discharge Pipe is it that your using? Is it the same as one as the MK6GTI or something else? Hows the quality on the BSH throttle pipe?
Thanks....

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
Hello Everyone...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Again! Yup i'm still on leave until the 15th Jan 2011 and am dreading the count down to be back at office. :lol:

Today has been another fruitful and productive day with the fitting of my new goodies into GABY. On today's menu I fitted the follwoing items:
  1. THS Performance Intercooler - OEM Replacement:

It was a tough toss in the decision making phase between the APR IC, Oettinger IC and THS Performance IC. But having compared this IC's specs with my mate's APR IC i honestly felt this was the best bang for buck as it had a marginally bigger core than the APR's IC. This system came with an extremely comprehensive manual which was a plus for noobs like me. :happyanim: I'd definitely recommend this IC to anyone based on my experience and opinion but then again its just my point of view so no offense to any APR IC owner cos they're undisputed quality.

http://www.thsperformance.co.uk/product/2.0_TFSI_Intercooler_THSINT-TFSI
  2. Helix OEM Amp upgrade for my RNS-510: This bad boy bring the stock sound system to life and was easy to install... The best bit about this Helix PP20-DSP is that its compact, fitted nicely under my drivers seat and was purely Plug & Play. Definitely exceeded my expectations saved me from wasting my dosh on a sub. :thumbup:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.ph...-pp20-dsp-bonkers-new-concept-will-be-hu-r879
  3. VMR V710 - 19" x 8.5":
    Waited 9 days for the new set of shoes for my Golf R from US. Beautiful and primo quality wheels at an extremely affordable price. I slapped on a set of Pirellie P-zero Dragons (235/35/19) at a discounted price from my bro-in-law.

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels_v710.html

What a packed and rewarding day but having gotten the super EVIL look from my MRS I think its time for me to ease off my splurge on Gabrielle. :lol: If it were up to me to say its no diff to chic's splurging on bags, shoes, cosmetics and spa. :laugh: Hope this never leaks out to the MRS so Formula14 pls keep your gob shut. :lol:

Have a good week guys and feel free to ask away...
::insert smiley of creamed jeans here::

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!

jumpman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Mischievous M

I'm very keen on the Helix but I cant seem to find any online retailers. The only one on ebay doesnt seem to come with an harness. Any ideas?

racingfreak

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi M

Car looks great, two questions if you dont mind

1. How easy was the THS intercooler install? Any trimming etc required or a straight fit?

2. With the BSH TB pipe, did the DV relocation pipe fit over the supplied "bung" easily?

jumpman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi M

My Helix PP20 DSP arrived today. Was wondering if you run the RNS510 or RCD510 and whether you uploaded the AF2 file for the Golf? I only managed to find the file for the RNS and not RCD and was wondering if it'll still work