GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Northwest VCDS/VAGCOM Locator Thread

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Micro-can, Maltby WA, I'll go anywhere within 30 mins (Greater Seattle) for a sixer of Guiness :)

skizzott

LORD
You know how to use it on a 2012? I need to do a Euro HL Install, but will do once I get my fogs in and install them. WIll be for a 2012 2.5L golf, i just don't know what all to do (though i can look it up, I feel better knowing if someone has some experience already doing it). I'll also pay $$$ and can meet up with you (in Tacoma).

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
I am in Southern Oregon (Grants Pass area) and have the MicroCAN. I doubt there is a dubber within 200 miles though :-(

Dubscraper

I'm in Portland and would love to meet up with and buy beer for anyone that can do some vag-com trickery for me. Would be nice to meet up with some other enthusiasts, too. I can go weeks without seeing another MK6 GTI in Portland and I commute clear across the city 5 days a week. For such a city like this its really surprising.

Dubscraper

I am in Southern Oregon (Grants Pass area) and have the MicroCAN. I doubt there is a dubber within 200 miles though :-(

You think you'll ever be up in Portland?

I'll no doubt be down in GP in the next few months. My lady and a bunch our freinds are from there.

drhiggens

Ready to race!
been a big week just picked up my new R yesterday and im really excited. just put in the Euro LED tail lights in. :thumbup:
As we all know when you do that the dash light comes on to tell me something that is not true, so is there anyone in the seattle area that has a VagCom that can help me sort this out, for a reasonable price or a case of beer?
I will be happy to come to you.
Oh I have hear that you can set up a needled swipe on startup with the VagCom is that true because that would be sweet too lol

yunone

Ready to race!
been a big week just picked up my new R yesterday and im really excited. just put in the Euro LED tail lights in. :thumbup:
As we all know when you do that the dash light comes on to tell me something that is not true, so is there anyone in the seattle area that has a VagCom that can help me sort this out, for a reasonable price or a case of beer?
I will be happy to come to you.
Oh I have hear that you can set up a needled swipe on startup with the VagCom is that true because that would be sweet too lol

i am in Bellevue for work M-F, 7-6 if you want to come across the water to meet up... PM me

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
yunone - I live in Bellevue. Just installed LEDs. Four things. Some of which may impact us meeting up. i.e., I would rather live with the bulb out light than have Chaplins notice I messed with VAG-COM on a leased vehicle.

1) Do you know how to do rid of the bulb out light on a 2013?
2) Can the dealer see that the ECU was messed with?
3) Are you able or do you want to meet up?
4) Do you like beer?

yunone

Ready to race!
yunone - I live in Bellevue. Just installed LEDs. Four things. Some of which may impact us meeting up. i.e., I would rather live with the bulb out light than have Chaplins notice I messed with VAG-COM on a leased vehicle.

1) Do you know how to do rid of the bulb out light on a 2013?
2) Can the dealer see that the ECU was messed with?
3) Are you able or do you want to meet up?
4) Do you like beer?

1. Find out what you did to get the bulb out error and the process in ridding it. Then we can follow those directions to code out the error. Not sure about 2013, but cant imagine it being much different than 2012.

2. yes, once the ECU has been flashed the dealer can see with their software it has been tampered with. I suggest searching for ECU flash to see what the specifics are around this. I dont mind if the dealer knows or not as i much rather have the APR tune. ":)

3. yes and yes

4. yes...BEER!

PM me and we can chat offline about what you want to work with on your car and VCDS

drhiggens

Ready to race!
1. Find out what you did to get the bulb out error and the process in ridding it. Then we can follow those directions to code out the error. Not sure about 2013, but cant imagine it being much different than 2012.

I live in the kenmore area, I would be happy to help you out. let e know if you have any trouble getting ahold of anyone else

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
I am in need of a headlight readjustment. I put coilovers on 2 days ago and my headlights are pointed downwards. Is there anyone in the Olympia/Lacey area??? If not, Dr Higgens could you help me out possibly this weekend?

edit: can they do this at the stealership?

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
You should be able to adjust your lights with the leveler in the housing. It's the plastic torx piece.

theunderlord

Ready to race!
^^^ What he said. it's easy.