GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F23T Technical Info Compilation Thread

FriggenT1

Banned
Looks like your fuel trims are pretty far off at max load right now. Give this to the guys at tunemaestro.com and they'll get your fuel trims and your knock sorted out. Ideally in that o2 correction column you want to see numbers between -5 and +5.

They also have a FB page if you would rather chat with them there than correspond via email. They will help you for free but I do encourage donations when possible to help pay for the website and build a database of files, we can all benefit from that. Never know when you'll want to upgrade and need a new tune :)

The stent where your knock is detected is adding ~ 12% fuel which means your ECU is adding fuel to stop a lean condition. Adding fuel for that rpm and load will mean the ECU will have to add less fuel there and it will be closer to optimum AFR and should reduce knock.

I'm not an expert but that's what I'm seeing when I look at it.

I just look at boost because if it's not high, I don't like it...my friggen f23t needs to be like a freight train with a boner painted with the American flag loaded with dynamite headed straight toward isis' anal cavity.

tone7601

Passed Driver's Ed
working whit some guy over the internet to see if he can tune my file ill be posting logs once i get rev2 by the mean time this is rev 1 log for f23 on 91 shell
run 4 rev1.png

run 3 rev 1!@.png

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Fuel trims look much better, will probably have to back off the timing/boost in the rev 2 file to fix knock. Too bad you can't get better gas!

Last edited:

Tank1

Passed Driver's Ed
What sort of mileage does everyone have on the F23T? Also I'm curious if anyone will be tuning one with COBB AP.

FriggenT1

Banned
What sort of mileage does everyone have on the F23T? Also I'm curious if anyone will be tuning one with COBB AP.

Mine dropped lately, but if I don't jump on the gas I can get 33-34 highway, about 30 avg per tankful. However, it's easier (and better for the car) to run it hard.

Edit: I also cannot confirm my Pcv valve is still good which would drop the mileage

Tank1

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine dropped lately, but if I don't jump on the gas I can get 33-34 highway, about 30 avg per tankful. However, it's easier (and better for the car) to run it hard.

My bad. I meant in terms of how many miles have you been running the F23T for?

FriggenT1

Banned
My bad. I meant in terms of how many miles have you been running the F23T for?

Idk exactly. I've got it written down somewhere. I would say 12ish. On k04 file my mpg was better, but with the custom tune it's using the fuel that's needed, so not fair to compare the 2. I wouldn't switch to cobb, not because I don't think they aren't a great company. I already have a way to custom tune, so I don't need to switch.

tone7601

Passed Driver's Ed
ive been running mine for like 2k miles already haha and my mpg is about 29 if i drive normally at speed limit

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Your holding boost well, fuel trims look good but you're still experiencing more knock than I would want to see. What plugs are you running? You may want to consider 1step colder than stock if you aren't already. Or a smaller gap. Can't guarantee that would fix your knock but it could help. Other options would be running an e85 blend or turning down the boost. I'm able to run 30% e85 with 93 pump gas. But I am going to cause premature failure of my seals by running e85 through my stock fuel system, so you want to be prepared to upgrade your LPFP and injectors if you go down the e85 road. On my car we did find the limits of the fuel system on 93 before we ever started tuning with e85. I recommend this as you may be very happy with the performance of stock fueling and pump gas.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Omg. His timing pull is perfectly fine. Put in correctly gapped plugs (one step colder) and call it a day. You don't want 0 timing pull for the 100000th time
Gives me a headache reading these posts.

You could lean up the car to make some more power if you wanted. You're not running much timing anyways, so there is honestly no reason to pull any more lol. You don't have much room for e85 in my opinion. You could run a couple gallons but you'll have to lean up your mixture otherwise you're going to raise that injector timing too high.

Your intake temps are ridiculous. That's where your timing pull is coming from. Invest in a methanol kit. Simple fix.

I don't like the end of your log. You should do a full log to 6500-ish RPM. Your injection timing shoots up and your lambda shoots down flooding the cylinders. Normally that's a case of high cyl temps but you can't tell unless you continue the logging.

Edit: it looks like the tune is requesting a dump in fuel at 5500-ish RPM. That needs to be addressed before going further anywhere was in the tune. You don't want to see requested or actual lambda in the .7x's.

TL/DR: That tune needs some major revisions.

Last edited: