GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So a cop flipped me off today

livefast

Ready to race!
I was cruising going 75 mph down 595 in the left lane when a cop starts tailgating me. He starts flashing his high beams. (The entire highway is open with no traffic so he can pass me if he really wants to speed). I was already going 10 over when he started to tailgate me. He seemed like a dick so I wasn't going to go 20 over so he can go ahead and give me a ticket.

Anyways he pulls up to me, flips me off, then goes back to tailgating me for about a mile. He finally takes off going like 95 mph and cuts me off while he and his friend flip me off once again, except this time, they open the window and really get their whole arms out there. He then speeds away (probably going 100+ mph).

What the f**k...

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
This has happened to me too but it's my friend who's a local 5-0. He also likes to wait for me in my neighborhood because knows when I get home from work and pulls me over on my street.

The neighbors have asked me why I speed so much down our street since I keep getting pulled over. :(

Mr. Skinny

Ready to race!
I was cruising going 75 mph down 595 in the left lane when a cop starts tailgating me. He starts flashing his high beams. (The entire highway is open with no traffic so he can pass me if he really wants to speed). I was already going 10 over when he started to tailgate me. He seemed like a dick so I wasn't going to go 20 over so he can go ahead and give me a ticket.

Anyways he pulls up to me, flips me off, then goes back to tailgating me for about a mile. He finally takes off going like 95 mph and cuts me off while he and his friend flip me off once again, except this time, they open the window and really get their whole arms out there. He then speeds away (probably going 100+ mph).

What the f**k...
If you were in the left lane and there was no other traffic ("the entire highway was open") then why didn't you simply move over one lane and let the cop through. Flashing his lights was an obvious attempt to get you to move right.

It is highway convention for faster traffic to pass on the left after all.

I might have flipped you off too, but to be honest, your story seems to be embellished a bit. If your second paragraph is true, I'd consider filing a complaint against the cops. That part of your story = unacceptable police behavior.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Don't be a knob, keep right.

McQueen77

Banned
yeah, seriously dude. He wanted you to get into the other lane to let him through because he's a cop and they have right-of-way regardless of traffic conditinos. He probably wanted to pull you over and nightstick you to death for being such a rocket scientist, but was on his way somewhere more important.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Drive in Germany... it will blow your mind.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
You fail; end of story...

No additional comment needed.

Don't be a knob, keep right.

Pretty much sums it up...

Also a reminder for all - proper lane etiquette is "keep right unless passing". Note that it is NOT "Left lane for passing only". In other words if there are three lanes in your direction, you don't cruise in the centre lane. If nobody is on your right, then you should be moving your ass over. Also note the difference between "passing" and "driving fast". If you are 10, 20, 30 - hell, 200 mph over the speed limit, it doesn't matter. If someone is fast enough to be wanting to pass you, then you should be moving your ass over.

lon888

Ready to race!
Word to the wise - when a cop gets behinds you and then flashes you then MOVE OVER!!!. If you're going to drive a German car, then try acting like a German. MOVE LEFT WHEN FLASHED!!! It aint rocket surgery.

TDI110

O_o
Drive in Germany... it will blow your mind.

:word: I noticed the highway etiquette here is 10x better than in North America. They all know that left is for faster traffic and passing, and if you don't follow the rules you will know it quickly.

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
Quit crying. Did the finger hurt you? Did it hurt your car? Move to the right and problem averted. Your assumption that you shouldn't have to speed up and own whatever lane your in is complete asshattery.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
Quit crying. Did the finger hurt you? Did it hurt your car? Move to the right and problem averted. Your assumption that you shouldn't have to speed up and own whatever lane your in is complete asshattery.

^^^^^^LOL......asshattery.:lol: