GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag Light

Fociracr

Ready to race!
I have a 2011 TDI golf 4 door, recently the Airbag light came on. I ran the codes and got this
1 Fault Found:

9439770 - Front Passenger's Side Airbag Igniter
B100A 1A [137] - Resistance Too Low
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 68
Mileage: 140950 km
Date: 2037.14.02
Time: 19:57:45
Not sure if anyone else had an issue with this. The wife was driving it and she told me she leaned over to the passenger side to grab something and the airbag light came on. She said she must have kinked the passenger side seat belt latch and maybe kinked a wire but im not sure. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Burn

The device responsible for making the passenger side airbag pop in the event of an accident, has malfunctioned. If an accident were to occur, the airbag or related component may not work as designed.

Get to the dealership. They likely have a replacement part, if not they may suggest not driving the car or allowing anyone in the passenger seat while driving until it is fixed.

Have seen it plenty on older cars. Not sure if all of the data in that scan is correct. (Mileage/date LOL). It could be due to faulty wiring or a malfunctioning component, maybe the connector to the airbag is faulty.

Last edited:

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
If it is under warranty, which for safety items like that, it is almost a guarantee that they are until a crash (kinda like an unwritten warranty), then I'd have the dealer deal with it. When it comes to safety, don't do it yourself unless you know what you are doing.

And reason I say it almost always is under warranty no matter the mileage, it is a 2 yr old car with SAFETY issue. I bet VW wouldn't like it if someone was riding in that seat and died because the Air Bag didn't go off and then you sue them for all they are worth...