GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Euroswitch on '13 Wolfsburg GTI

Gkivoo

Ready to race!
So let me get this straight because I cannot find the answer anywhere -_-

I have a 2012 GTI with halogen lamps. I ordered the euroswitch without the Auto option. I don't have an interest in using rear fogs and I plan on finding someone in NY with vag com so that I can disable DRLs. This is the set up I want; at 0 have everything off, turn to the second setting ( =><= ) for parking lights and the option of pulling out for fogs, then turn to the last click for the regular low beams with the parking lights and the option of pulling out the knob for fogs.. Now my question is do I need a trigger wore to do any of this??

Lodi

Go Kart Champion

I have a 2012 GTI with halogen lamps. I ordered the euroswitch without the Auto option. I don't have an interest in using rear fogs and I plan on finding someone in NY with vag com so that I can disable DRLs. This is the set up I want; at 0 have everything off, turn to the second setting ( =><= ) for parking lights and the option of pulling out for fogs, then turn to the last click for the regular low beams with the parking lights and the option of pulling out the knob for fogs.. Now my question is do I need a trigger wore to do any of this??

It's been a long time since I installed my trigger wire, but I believe that the only way to have your fogs work with parking lights (at second position as you put it), is with the trigger wire.

Hopefully somebody will back me up on this, as I may be mistaken...

spiker369

on air, don't care

It's been a long time since I installed my trigger wire, but I believe that the only way to have your fogs work with parking lights (at second position as you put it), is with the trigger wire.

Yupp. You need the trigger wire no matter what lights you have. If you don't put the trigger wire, then the switch will just act like your stock switch. The trigger wire install is more complicated to type out than it actually is to do. Takes literally 5 minutes.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

Yes, you need a trigger wire to do this.

You are correct.

Yupp. You need the trigger wire no matter what lights you have. If you don't put the trigger wire, then the switch will just act like your stock switch. The trigger wire install is more complicated to type out than it actually is to do. Takes literally 5 minutes.

Yup. This.