GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM V2 P2 inside

Utah Beast Mode

Ready to race!
Yeah, I think SPM is awesome but ... They did drop the ball with the intercooler I bought. That's just a fact.

I also have a new SPM TBE in my room (again I like SPM) so I'm hoping when I get installed there's no issues.

07STitoR

Ready to race!
Yeah, I think SPM is awesome but ... They did drop the ball with the intercooler I bought. That's just a fact.

I also have a new SPM TBE in my room (again I like SPM) so I'm hoping when I get installed there's no issues.

I hope they get back to you, I called SPM for a hose and they said they'll call me back but never did. Had to buy a APR hose from a local shop. Also how close is your ac line to your belt? I have a pic in my review linked on the bottom does your look that close also?

Utah Beast Mode

Ready to race!
I hope they get back to you, I called SPM for a hose and they said they'll call me back but never did. Had to buy a APR hose from a local shop. Also how close is your ac line to your belt? I have a pic in my review linked on the bottom does your look that close also?
I have a whole new intercooler kit on the way. I'm not happy about having to redo the whole install again. But now that I've done it twice I feel I can get it done in 3hrs. I'll take pics and keep you posted. At SPM Tyler is doing a great job at communication and taking care of me.

Shore GTI

Ready to race!
I have a whole new intercooler kit on the way. I'm not happy about having to redo the whole install again. But now that I've done it twice I feel I can get it done in 3hrs. I'll take pics and keep you posted. At SPM Tyler is doing a great job at communication and taking care of me.

What is said to the difference between the one you have,
& the one you are getting?
I plan to have one installed later this month,
& would like to avoid problems if possible.

Utah Beast Mode

Ready to race!
What is said to the difference between the one you have,
& the one you are getting?
I plan to have one installed later this month,
& would like to avoid problems if possible.
Overall the core and welds look great! I just got a part that had a coupe defects and fitment issues. EVERY product has issues from time to time. Actually my car is a brand new 2014 GTI and a Fog Light fell out! Took off the bumper and found that it didn't have any screws holding it down at ALL! How does that happen from the factory? Lol. Again, no one is perfect and mistakes happen.

What matters to me is what's done to rectify the issue. I'll keep everyone up to date on the next install.

Shore GTI

Ready to race!
Overall the core and welds look great! I just got a part that had a coupe defects and fitment issues. EVERY product has issues from time to time. Actually my car is a brand new 2014 GTI and a Fog Light fell out! Took off the bumper and found that it didn't have any screws holding it down at ALL! How does that happen from the factory? Lol. Again, no one is perfect and mistakes happen.

What matters to me is what's done to rectify the issue. I'll keep everyone up to date on the next install.

It's true that mistakes happen. I worked at a prominent Buick dealer in the 80s & a Riviera came in with the steering column completely unbolted. It had to be driven off the top of the car carrier that way. They had to know something was wrong when they drove it up there. Assembly was completed at the dealership.
I also know a few guys that worked at GM's Linden NJ Plant.
Lots of stories!

Sounds like you aren't the only one with these V2 fitment issues though.
That's why I ask.
I just want my install to go as smoothly as possible.
Thanks Bro.

07STitoR

Ready to race!
So nobody knows if this spacing is okay?

Utah Beast Mode

Ready to race!
That is close! Mine is a snug fit too but all clear.

Shore GTI

Ready to race!
SPM V2 installed on Tues. by AWE Tuning,
along with their TOP.

Temps were 88*-91* on the way home.
There were times in stop & go traffic,
that I expected moderate lag/heat soak,
& prepared to modulate the go pedal accordingly.
But the Lag/heat soak wasn't there.

More time, & high temps. will tell the tale.

So far, so good!

Utah Beast Mode

Ready to race!
SPM V2 installed on Tues. by AWE Tuning,
along with their TOP.

Temps were 88*-91* on the way home.
There were times in stop & go traffic,
that I expected moderate lag/heat soak,
& prepared to modulate the go pedal accordingly.
But the Lag/heat soak wasn't there.

More time, & high temps. will tell the tale.

So far, so good!
Nice! Do you have the CCTA engine? What all do you have done to your car?

Shore GTI

Ready to race!

s0n1cm0nk3y1

Ready to race!
For those who are installing or from spm themselves can we get shots of the interior of this core? I was all set to buy the v1 thinking it was the current design stillbecause of the images shown on earlier threads. It looked like a strong core density with offset fins then. A picture would put my mind at ease letting me see that this core is as well built as the previous.