RPM: 1703 /min
Load: 9.0 %
Speed: 46.0 km/h
Temperature: 84.0°C
Temperature: 73.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.097 V

Readiness: 0000 1000

seems like my string of bad luck isn't ending. i blew my engine and swapped in a new one. not even 100 miles on the new engine and i get this code. google has some generic info, but i couldn't find anything on the mk6 forums.

any clues on what this might be? thanks.

Last edited:

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
ambient temperature is 13C right now. car is cold. vagcom is logging 75C from the sensor....it's gotta be bad right?

rasetsu

Ready to race!
Try a MAF cleaner on the temp sensor which is a probe in the same part. Remove MAF sensor and spray the whole thing down and let dry. Only takes a couple of minutes to dry off.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
Try a MAF cleaner on the temp sensor which is a probe in the same part. Remove MAF sensor and spray the whole thing down and let dry. Only takes a couple of minutes to dry off.

do you mean the IAT sensor or the MAF sensor? if the latter, why would the MAF cause a code thrown from the IAT sensor?

in any case, i cleaned the IAT sensor tonight with isopropyl alcohol -- it was a little dirty but not too bad. plugged it back in and i was still getting around 72C.

would anyone else happen to have vagcom handy? what's the normal temperature range for this sensor?

rasetsu

Ready to race!
I mean the IAT sensor. It's next to the MAF sensor in the same probe and can be cleaned along with the MAF with the same type of cleaner. I got a can from O'Reilly's for $7.

IAT should read nearly the same as ambient air temp at start up and then roughly 10 over at cruise.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
IAT sensor is in the front of the intake manifold and is held in with one torx screw. It is not part of the MAF.

rasetsu

Ready to race!
My bad. I thought they were in the same spot on all cars. I just cleaned mine on my Subaru and they were next to each other. When I had the intake apart on the GTI, I recall it looked similar with the probe.