GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Can you elaborate on this? Box code?

Can't remember the box code but this is the ECU firmware on my car at the moment, will need to check my car in the morning as it's late.

5K0907115N

Says vehicle is unsupported when I try to pair up the AP.

Submitted to Cobb and they said to wait for next update..

adema69

Ready to race!
Unless you are k04 or bigger there really isn't some undiscovered power you gain from custom tune. The tune may be better suited for your gas quality, intercooler, etc but its still stage 1 or stage 2.
If you have apr already, just get apr crackles. No need to reinvent your boat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

100% inaccurate. If you get a dyno tune on a stock turbo the tune is suited for your vehicle. With a dyno tune your power band is more linear and smoother then a bench flash. You may or may not make more hp but the power band will be 100 times better than a regular flash.

avni

Ready to race!
I always hear people going off about APRs tune.

I find the tune very smooth on DSG.

Maybe because I havent tried or been in another modded golf.

Maybe mine is just lucky.

LOVE THE APR TUNE shit roars when I get on it.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
100% inaccurate. If you get a dyno tune on a stock turbo the tune is suited for your vehicle. With a dyno tune your power band is more linear and smoother then a bench flash. You may or may not make more hp but the power band will be 100 times better than a regular flash.
Linear power and more power are two totally different things. As I said, the custom route adjusts for your items but does not make some new power discovery.
For example apr tunes for apr stuff. Then people buy neuspeed, uni, etc parts and don't understand why the tune feels weird. That and altitude changes, fuel quality, car quality (carbon, plugs, etc)
7 years later, there is no way cobb all of a sudden found something new the other tuners different.

adema69

Ready to race!
Linear power and more power are two totally different things. As I said, the custom route adjusts for your items but does not make some new power discovery.
For example apr tunes for apr stuff. Then people buy neuspeed, uni, etc parts and don't understand why the tune feels weird. That and altitude changes, fuel quality, car quality (carbon, plugs, etc)
7 years later, there is no way cobb all of a sudden found something new the other tuners different.

Again if you read what I said it clearly states a dyno tune. Not an ots cobb file and apr does not do this. To answer your question about cobb not finding something new well they did actually. They offer a tune that is over the shelf but with the capability to have someone tune your car to your mods and environment.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
So, how long does it take for my tune to come in? Ive been super eager waiting for 4 days lol

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So, how long does it take for my tune to come in? Ive been super eager waiting for 4 days lol
my initial flash tune from stratified took about a week to get after submitting my mod list. Then it took a few days to get a response when i sent my MAF calibration logs.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Youre right cobb didnt do anything different. The thing that makes them different is the ability for ANY of their dealers to custom tune your car. I have a file specific to my fuel, environment, altitude and mods thanks to stratified.
Thats what Cobb brought to the table, the ability for customization with a larger dealer network and better support in comparison to Eurodyne.

danman1280

So, in order for someone that has a tune with another tuner like GIAC, would I have to flash back to stock then apply the Cobb tune or could I just flash the tune without having to go back to stock?

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
So, in order for someone that has a tune with another tuner like GIAC, would I have to flash back to stock then apply the Cobb tune or could I just flash the tune without having to go back to stock?

For most tuned vehicles we found that the AP will install over an existing tune.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I love my new stratified tune, pops sound great just wondering if they're bad for the car but anyways, the tune is so much better than apr

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I love my new stratified tune, pops sound great just wondering if they're bad for the car but anyways, the tune is so much better than apr

Welcome to the club lol

bbqchipsfan

For most tuned vehicles we found that the AP will install over an existing tune.

Hey Alex, I sent you an email around beginning of December. I've been frustrated with my APR tune and was going to pull the trigger on your tune during the Black Friday sale, but I needed some time to visit a shop to confirm that it was indeed the tune that was giving me problems and not my transmission/clutch. Do you anticipate having another sale going on around the Christmas time?

Thanks for your help.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie

The only concern with the crackles was cracking the OEM catalyst. We haven't seen any issues with aftermarket downpipes and catalysts. Glad you're enjoying it!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Hey Alex, I sent you an email around beginning of December. I've been frustrated with my APR tune and was going to pull the trigger on your tune during the Black Friday sale, but I needed some time to visit a shop to confirm that it was indeed the tune that was giving me problems and not my transmission/clutch. Do you anticipate having another sale going on around the Christmas time?

Thanks for your help.
You only saved like $30 on the sale. Just pull the trigger on the Cobb AP/Flash tune for $650. They are already giving you the $100 flash tune for free.
http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=209_213&products_id=677