GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 Golf R Stage 3 Oil Issue

m0oZ1

Passed Driver's Ed
So the other week I was threw a CEL and diagnostic tool said it was a misfire in cylinder 2. Plugs and coil packs are pretty cheap so I just decided to order some replacements and that should resolve my issue. As I removed the old plugs I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, just worn plugs, so I went ahead and installed the new plugs and coil packs. I cleared the CEL and fired the car up. It started with no issue, but it just wasn't idling properly. A few days later the issue returned. After numerous internet searches, a faulty injector seemed to be the next probable target. So I purchased all new injectors from APR. After removing the intake manifold, I noticed a heavy amount of carbon build up on the valves. I spent an entire day cleaning them with carb cleaner and a pick to the best I could given the tight working space. I changed the injector without issue and reinstalled the intake. After starting the car I had a good bit of smoke and throwing various codes, which is to be expected given the amount of carbon I cleaned off the valves. I took the car through the neighborhood and it seemed to be slowly smoothing out. Then it started running rough. I pulled to the side of the road and there was oil all over the engine. After inspecting the engine for hours we determined the oil came out of the oil cap like it was pressurized. After spending hours cleaning the engine up, changing plugs, cleaning out the catch can and all the hoses. Everything was clear. We fired the car up and sat there for about 5-10 minutes with the car at 1500-2000 rpm to burn off the excess oil, and to verify the oil cap was not leaking. Everything seemed to be good other than the car was idling like ****. Decided to take it around the block a few times and if it was just the oil burning off. After a 10 minute drive the catch can was completely full of oil again and it blew the crankcase hose off the APR adapter plate blowing oil everywhere. How can there be that much oil inside the valve cover? I am at a loss! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I have given you guys enough information.

Thank you,
m0oZ

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Sorry this happened man.. not sure what it could be. I have an apr catch setup too.

Mk6 Golf R | APR Stage 2+