GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2-DOOR GTI DOOR SEALS!!

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Does anybody else get this cool feature when it rains on their 2door GTI? Does anybody have a fix for this?

geramy1232

Ready to race!

vwrabid

Ready to race!
The fix is adjusting your door strike on the body. Loosen and move it closer to the center of the car in small increments. That way the door closes tighter. But... That (proper) fix has been known to mess with the door to body alignment. So some have taken black 1/4" aquarium air hose (cheap) and put it in slot of the weather stripping.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JSwag420

Ready to race!
My favorite part about GTI's and rain is when you open the door of a 2 door, sit in your seat, you get greeted with a gallon of water pouring onto your shoulder, seat, and seat tracks.

geramy1232

Ready to race!
The fix is adjusting your door strike on the body. Loosen and move it closer to the center of the car in small increments. That way the door closes tighter. But... That (proper) fix has been known to mess with the door to body alignment. So some have taken black 1/4" aquarium air hose (cheap) and put it in slot of the weather stripping.

Thanks will try to see if I can figure out a sweet spot for the door strike, and if no luck then will definitely try the aquarium hose.

geramy1232

Ready to race!
My favorite part about GTI's and rain is when you open the door of a 2 door, sit in your seat, you get greeted with a gallon of water pouring onto your shoulder, seat, and seat tracks.

[emoji23][emoji23] it's part of the fun man. Always have a rag handy to dry it up.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

Lol, I found this fix literally when I first got the car, funny how it made its way around.

vwrabid

Ready to race!
Lol, I found this fix literally when I first got the car, funny how it made its way around.

Same here. Lol. I never had the problem but I remember reading about the fix.

joao.madeira.1466

Mine is like that too, and the door alignment or sealing will de-align the door with the car... So, I keep praying for fewer rain in New Jersey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk