GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.4 TSI Engine&Start up Issues.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Turns out it was my fuel pump!

Low fuel pressure then as suggested! I recommended you also check the pump in your other thread, glad you found the issue as i know as well as anyone how these things can drive you mad if not found easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VW6

Passed Driver's Ed
Low fuel pressure then as suggested! I recommended you also check the pump in your other thread, glad you found the issue as i know as well as anyone how these things can drive you mad if not found easily.

You was on the right track Carlos :happyanim: - Remember you saying it could be the fuel pump.

Last edited:

VW6

Passed Driver's Ed
Had my car back for more than a day now.

Didn't struggle to start.

Went for a drive done around 50 miles but i noticed it still has a rough idle? Check engine light shown twice but went away as soon as i rev'd it

Noticed my spark plugs have started to clean the carbon deposits off? i checked them before and after the drive. Hardly anything on them now?

Exhaust still rattles though? but passed the emissions test yesterday for its MOT?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Had my car back for more than a day now.

Didn't struggle to start.

Went for a drive done around 50 miles but i noticed it still has a rough idle? Check engine light shown twice but went away as soon as i rev'd it

Noticed my spark plugs have started to clean the carbon deposits off? i checked them before and after the drive. Hardly anything on them now?

Exhaust still rattles though? but passed the emissions test yesterday for its MOT?

In this case it could well sort itself out after a few more miles but as you’ve had an intermittent CEL it would be a good idea to check for fault codes as occasionally even if the problem has been fixed allowing the code to remain uncleared can cause odd problems, but you may still have an issue so best to check.

VW6

Passed Driver's Ed
In this case it could well sort itself out after a few more miles but as you’ve had an intermittent CEL it would be a good idea to check for fault codes as occasionally even if the problem has been fixed allowing the code to remain uncleared can cause odd problems, but you may still have an issue so best to check.

Another 100 Miles done mostly motorway. Check engine light has not shown up at all.. it has a slight rumble on idle but nothing major?

Exhaust has a slight rattle still.

Starts first time every time now