GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Cooler Kit for the TSI engines

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
That Rev-9 one can be found on ebay.
And the mishimoto is a good price, but add if you add the plate that has the thermostat it brings it up to the cost of piecing it together with the better products (Mocal). You definitely want a thermostat so the oil doesn't take a year to get up to operating temp, not to mention your car will never heat up in the winter.

Piecing it together for $420 seems like the best bet.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
He didn't seem to have an issue selling his kit with the sandwich plate for years. Now he makes something new, nobody can see it as for some reason he runs a business yet has zero way for anyone to know what he sells and how to buy it, and I'm sure it's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (but once again, I don't know, because the guy selling custom car parts doesn't have a website/catalogue/ANYTHING).

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
He didn't seem to have an issue selling his kit with the sandwich plate for years. Now he makes something new, nobody can see it as for some reason he runs a business yet has zero way for anyone to know what he sells and how to buy it, and I'm sure it's $(but once again, I don't know, because the guy selling custom car parts doesn't have a website/catalogue/ANYTHING).

Is that really necessary lol. I think he's got a full time job. I think the car part fabrication is a side business. He's working on a website.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Agree, iIwish iIknow about the real main when iIdid my dsg swap but ddidn'thear about it until after

The rear main was a good part at a reasonable price, I'll give him that for sure.

Is that really necessary lol. I think he's got a full time job. I think the car part fabrication is a side business. He's working on a website.

I get it, it's just annoying. The only way to know about what he has is to happen to catch an instagram post, and even then you have to ask a price. I'm an impulse buyer, and will usually just buy stuff. If you give me time to think about it (aka waiting for a response, how much, how do I pay, etc.) I usually find a way to do it myself cheaper and you lost a sale. I work full time and run a side business too, you have to be involved on both sides if you want to move forward.

INA

And three, MANY of us on here have had bad dealings with Issam where he thinks he's smarter than everyone and thinks he can charge 5x what things are worth. That's why.
Woa...
I assume this is Nick? I checked back for 2016 and the RMS payment was processed on the 17th of March. The RMS shipped on the 17th of March :iono:
So it begs the question , are you going based off from being in Pittsburgh PA and hearing 1 side of a story from a "friend" or are you going based off dealing with me personally because I was under the impression that you were taken care of as a customer?

As for 5X what things are worth. You are using a chalk vs cheese comparison.
In our oil cooler kits , everything is made in the following countries:
- United States - XRP
- Canada - IABED billet
- United Kingdom - Mocal/Setrab
Nothing is sourced from China , nothing is made in Taiwan and quite frankly nothing is shit. I don't sell shit so if you want to be fair , go to batmocal inc and price out the components we supply in our kits. I have said this on here before and I will say it again. The components we supply are not cheap for a reason. No self respecting race car owner runs ANYTHING but Laminova , Mocal or Setrab. You own a Volkswagen not a Honda . You want to run Mishimoto products go right ahead but that isn't and never will be my target clientele. When your oil cooler core fails or leaks , good luck getting a warranty out of a core you can find on alibaba for $3.

As for brackets , yes we use to make brackets for the oil cooler cores and inline thermostats but again , its the cost involved so when given the option the customer always chooses to make the brackets themselves.

When you price out the core components we use from Mocal , you are $400 in parts. Now would YOU pay $900 for an Oil cooler kit with brackets? No you will not.

and will usually just buy stuff. If you give me time to think about it (aka waiting for a response, how much, how do I pay, etc.) I usually find a way to do it myself cheaper and you lost a sale.
And that is totally fine. I have 47 distributors around the globe and 6 master warehouse distributors to service.

Honestly I am not sure where this hostility is coming from. To come and here and state something along the lines of "I am smarter than everyone" is not exactly professional. It shows you have an axe to grind which is what I am trying to figure out. I have a website , you have used that website to contact me and you got a response to your emails within an hour and when I went back and read those emails , I couldnt find an ounce of "well if you dont buy from me too bad" or "good luck with the price it is what it is"

If you want an e-store you will have to wait. My issue right now is not customers...trust me on that. On average between UPS , DHL & Canada post over 80 boxes leave here a week.

Now he makes something new
Yes , that is what happens when VAG changes the design of motors. When they went from 06J / 06H , they went to 06K / 06L which uses a canister style oil filter instead of screw on.

What does that mean? The sandwhich plate does NOT work on the 06K & 06L motors (i.e. 2014 MK6 GLI & MK7 GTI/R+) so we went back to the drawing board , developed a component that :
1. Couldn't be copied (yes we sell the feed plates by themselves incase you want to go the economic route).
2. Universal across all platforms.

Yes we are the only company on the planet that makes an oil cooler kit for the 2014 MK6 GLI and MK7 GTI/R. The component is patent pending to avoid people taking advantage of my "smartness" ;)
Make no mistake , just like the MK7 we were the first to offer an oil cooler kit for the EA888.1 .
It was others that saw how we did it and copied it. Simple? Yes very simple to copy ....not very simple to look @ a problem and figure out a solution without seeing how others did it.

In future , use the same email you used before and I guarantee you that you will have a response within a few hours.

orn between the two. HEL one is VW specific so its winning over my mind now.
We run HEL Canada and HEL supplies oil cooler kits using our core components so that should help with your decision making. ;)
HTH

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
Woa...
I assume this is Nick? I checked back for 2016 and the RMS payment was processed on the 17th of March. The RMS shipped on the 17th of March :iono:
So it begs the question , are you going based off from being in Pittsburgh PA and hearing 1 side of a story from a "friend" or are you going based off dealing with me personally because I was under the impression that you were taken care of as a customer?

As for 5X what things are worth. You are using a chalk vs cheese comparison.
In our oil cooler kits , everything is made in the following countries:
- United States - XRP
- Canada - IABED billet
- United Kingdom - Mocal/Setrab
Nothing is sourced from China , nothing is made in Taiwan and quite frankly nothing is shit. I don't sell shit so if you want to be fair , go to batmocal inc and price out the components we supply in our kits. I have said this on here before and I will say it again. The components we supply are not cheap for a reason. No self respecting race car owner runs ANYTHING but Laminova , Mocal or Setrab. You own a Volkswagen not a Honda . You want to run Mishimoto products go right ahead but that isn't and never will be my target clientele. When your oil cooler core fails or leaks , good luck getting a warranty out of a core you can find on alibaba for $3.

As for brackets , yes we use to make brackets for the oil cooler cores and inline thermostats but again , its the cost involved so when given the option the customer always chooses to make the brackets themselves.

When you price out the core components we use from Mocal , you are $400 in parts. Now would YOU pay $900 for an Oil cooler kit with brackets? No you will not.

And that is totally fine. I have 47 distributors around the globe and 6 master warehouse distributors to service.

Honestly I am not sure where this hostility is coming from. To come and here and state something along the lines of "I am smarter than everyone" is not exactly professional. It shows you have an axe to grind which is what I am trying to figure out. I have a website , you have used that website to contact me and you got a response to your emails within an hour and when I went back and read those emails , I couldnt find an ounce of "well if you dont buy from me too bad" or "good luck with the price it is what it is"

If you want an e-store you will have to wait. My issue right now is not customers...trust me on that. On average between UPS , DHL & Canada post over 80 boxes leave here a week.

Yes , that is what happens when VAG changes the design of motors. When they went from 06J / 06H , they went to 06K / 06L which uses a canister style oil filter instead of screw on.

What does that mean? The sandwhich plate does NOT work on the 06K & 06L motors (i.e. 2014 MK6 GLI & MK7 GTI/R+) so we went back to the drawing board , developed a component that :
1. Couldn't be copied (yes we sell the feed plates by themselves incase you want to go the economic route).
2. Universal across all platforms.

Yes we are the only company on the planet that makes an oil cooler kit for the 2014 MK6 GLI and MK7 GTI/R. The component is patent pending to avoid people taking advantage of my "smartness" ;)
Make no mistake , just like the MK7 we were the first to offer an oil cooler kit for the EA888.1 .
It was others that saw how we did it and copied it. Simple? Yes very simple to copy ....not very simple to look @ a problem and figure out a solution without seeing how others did it.

In future , use the same email you used before and I guarantee you that you will have a response within a few hours.

We run HEL Canada and HEL supplies oil cooler kits using our core components so that should help with your decision making. ;)
HTH

Cool. so how do I order buddy? And does the kit require me to take apart my current oil filter?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
For those who are looking for a distribution block to tap for an oil pressure gauge Issam's is awesome.