GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

the inevitable FANS RUNNING ON HIGH, happened

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
so i guess after 5 years of being APR tuned, about couple of days ago i got a check engine light which after i read with vag com came up with this:

1 Fault Found:

000275 - Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42)
P0113 - 000 - Signal too High - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 5
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 65849 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.14.12
Time: 10:59:27

i checked the sensor and it seems to be working fine, i even borrowed one of my buddy and it still shows the same fault after i clear it.

and now i ALSO noticed that my cooling fans (both of them) are running FULL HIGH speed as soon as i start the engine (even when the engine is cold), something it never did before.

so after i did some reading on this forum, it seems that i've got the DREADED ecu failure after 5 years or so and it finally shit the bed....literally as it happened to others here as well....:(

so now i ask you fellow members, what are my options???

i know a NEW ecu from stealership is out of the question as it'll cost me an arm and a leg...

will i be OK to just buy one off e-bay (part # of mine is 1K0 907 115 AM) and then what would be the next step?? who would be able to properly PAIR it with my car, keys so that the IMMO and all that will work as before??

if that's not the case as it could be to expensive, WHAT ARE MY OTHER OPTIONS??

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Did not know this was a thing.
Interested in the solution. Did you contact APR by any chance and see what they say?

Also 5 years and only 65849 KM ?!

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
Did not know this was a thing.
Interested in the solution. Did you contact APR by any chance and see what they say?

Also 5 years and only 65849 KM ?!

i;ve sent them an email and basically i'm out of luck, as it's been nearly 5 years.

best they can do they said, is reflash another ECU that i'm supposed to get (prolly from wreckers as a new one is an arm and a leg).

but apparently the only place that can "marry/pair" the replacement ECU is VW dealership, unless somone here knows something i don't know.

so once the repalcement ECU is paired with my cluster and keys, then APR will flash me for free as curtesy....woopidddy do

so yeah, that's the best they can do

i still have to contact my local VW stealership and see if htey are willing to pair up a used ECU (as we all know the bastards want to sell their NEW ecu prolly for a ton a moolah), and also how much it would cost me to have them do all that work.

artemk93

Ready to race!
It is a somewhat common issue. Happened to my car 2 years ago.
Your options:
1. New ECU from dealership
2. Used ECU from ebay with matching boxcode
I used my boxcode# to search
1K0 907 115 AT
Apparently the last 2 letters are important. CBFA vs CCTA also matters.
Then took it to the dealership and they were able to install it and code everything. They just charged me for 2 hours of labor. I ended up talking with 3 different techs and they were all pretty aware of issues with dying ECUs on tuned cars.
3. Used ECU from ebay, immo defeat through Uni or KermaTDI and some vagcom coding.

The used ecu route with the dealer was about $450 for me, including the ECU.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
best they can do they said, is reflash another ECU that i'm supposed to get (prolly from wreckers as a new one is an arm and a leg).

but apparently the only place that can "marry/pair" the replacement ECU is VW dealership, unless somone here knows something i don't know.

so once the repalcement ECU is paired with my cluster and keys, then APR will flash me for free as curtesy....woopidddy do

UNI will sell IMMO defeated ECUs this would eliminate the dealer and as long as you get a used in the same box code or they have one you can have the IMMO defeat and you will be ok.

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
UNI will sell IMMO defeated ECUs this would eliminate the dealer and as long as you get a used in the same box code or they have one you can have the IMMO defeat and you will be ok.

Thanks for the input, I think I will go this route as they seem to have one with the same box code on hand, and I will avoid the stealership as much as I can

Because by the time I get on off flea bay with shipping and all, time and money spent at the stealership with coding and what not, I’m prolly better off with one from Uni that is IMMO defeated and ready to go

Uberryan

Banned
You'll have to have it coded or pre-coded at Uni... meaning you'll need to send them your key and any proof of your mileage, etc.

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
You'll have to have it coded or pre-coded at Uni... meaning you'll need to send them your key and any proof of your mileage, etc.

john at UNI said that no keys needed if i get the ECU from them, because he'll do an IMMO DEFEAT on the ecu adn will be plug and play.

all he needed was my VIN # as well as the long code of my current ecu which i already gave him

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
so i guess after 5 years of being APR tuned, about couple of days ago i got a check engine light which after i read with vag com came up with this:

1 Fault Found:

000275 - Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42)
P0113 - 000 - Signal too High - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 5
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 65849 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.14.12
Time: 10:59:27

i checked the sensor and it seems to be working fine, i even borrowed one of my buddy and it still shows the same fault after i clear it.

and now i ALSO noticed that my cooling fans (both of them) are running FULL HIGH speed as soon as i start the engine (even when the engine is cold), something it never did before.

so after i did some reading on this forum, it seems that i've got the DREADED ecu failure after 5 years or so and it finally shit the bed....literally as it happened to others here as well....:(

so now i ask you fellow members, what are my options???

i know a NEW ecu from stealership is out of the question as it'll cost me an arm and a leg...

will i be OK to just buy one off e-bay (part # of mine is 1K0 907 115 AM) and then what would be the next step?? who would be able to properly PAIR it with my car, keys so that the IMMO and all that will work as before??

if that's not the case as it could be to expensive, WHAT ARE MY OTHER OPTIONS??

thanks in advance.

This happened to me 2 years ago. I will see if I can find the thread. Really not that bad.

Buy the same part number off e-bay (I paid $80 I think), then find a VW dealership to program the new ECU to your car. They had me in and out in an hour, so I only paid an hour of labor. Then take your car to your tuner and they should reflash it for fee (this time through the port) and DONE.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I love the use of 'inevitable' to describe a relatively rare event. LOL!

If he wasn't flash tuned it's not so rare.