GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

+++++++2011 GTI AWD DM Stage 3++++++++++

Harvey_Guo

Hi guys, I’m a very new member in this forum, but I have already been modifying my car for the past three years. I look forward to hear your feedback and recommendations.

It’s been quite a long, complicated and costly experience that started from buying R20 LED tail light to the R20 4motion AWD big turbo car of today, with the AWD conversion been my best mod I think. For now, the car still not as fast as I would like it to be, maybe because of the ATP turbo kit manifold or other parts that need to be changed. However, it has a very smooth acceleration; it’s reliable and very enjoyable to drive. The conversion from Unitronic to DriverMotorsport ECU and TCU has made a great contribution in improving drivability, slightly improving the performance and most importantly improving the reliability by a huge margin (I will post both logs later on). I think that the fact that I don’t need the EBC and have the MAF plugged in contributes a lot in the drivability.

I’m planning to install a bigger turbo kit next year, meaning having to build engine internals, but I’ll choose, if you have any suggestion, please don’t hesitate tell me.

I believe that when you gain something form an in car tuning, normally you lost something else. Like my 4motion conversion, I get much better traction, and much better launch control start, but lose a lot of high speed acceleration. Besides, there are many turbo kits I can’t use without customization as my car is EA888 with 4motion, which is not so common in VW cars.

Not very good at taking photos, anyway just have a look. :D

Here is a list of modifications

Engine
ATP Garrett GTX2867R turbo kit
Unitronic air intake
Scorpion turbo-back (golf R)
Driver Motorsport Stage 3 software
APR intercooler
INA engine oil cooler
Locallymade turbo inlet/outlet pipes
Locally made increased Water tank
AEM Water Meth Injection (single nozzle)
Neuspeed Pulley
GFB DV+

Transmission
VW 4motion AWD
VW R20 DSG Gearbox
SSP 500HP clutch pack
SSP DSG cooler
Driver Motorsport DSG stage 3 software (with added pressure)
Neuspeed Haldex Gen4 AWD ElectronicControl Unit

Chassis
VW Aluminum Front Axle
VW Aluminum Arm Triangle

Wheels and Suspension
BBS RE-V 18” forged
Advan Ad08r 235/40/18
BilsteinPSS10

Brakes
Front: Stoptech STR40
Rear: VW R32
VW R36 Master Cylinder

Others
Locally made carbon fiber hood
Shadow Boost Gauge 3.0bar
VW R20 LED tail light
VW RGBS view camera
VW R20 Electronic folding wing mirror

Attachments

• IMG_5085.JPG
    IMG_5085.JPG
    487.8 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_5086.JPG
    IMG_5086.JPG
    508.1 KB · Views: 866
  • IMG_1353.JPG
    IMG_1353.JPG
    556.6 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_3576.JPG
    IMG_3576.JPG
    491.9 KB · Views: 830
  • QQ??20140809183811.jpg
    QQ??20140809183811.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 869
  • QQ??20140809184656.jpg
    QQ??20140809184656.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 833
  • IMG_5088.JPG
    IMG_5088.JPG
    540.9 KB · Views: 849
  • _DSC1881.JPG
    _DSC1881.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 846
  • _DSC1874.JPG
    _DSC1874.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 840
  • _DSC1904.JPG
    _DSC1904.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 838

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I like the hood.

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
Yeah that hood is nice! OP, which website did you get it from? Also, may I ask you why you just didn't buy a Golf R and started to mod it from there, instead of converting the GTI (if my understanding is correct) ?
But anyways, from the pictures, it looks great. Kudos!

Last edited:
Yeah that hood is nice! OP, which website did you get it from? Also, may I ask you why you just didn't buy a Golf R and started to mod it from there, instead of converting the GTI (if my understanding is correct) ?
But anyways, from the pictures, it looks great. Kudos!

When you start tuning you don't know how far you will go.. You arrive to a point where there's no point going back to a R..

In china Gti are locally made while R are imported.. A new golf R in China cost 50% more to buy than a Gti... Also everyone for long time though tsi has more potential than FSI, which is partially true for Chinese Gti with hitachi fuel pump...

Harvey_Guo

That's the point, honestly, when I decided install that AWD, I just want a better launch control, only this... I didn't think others, but after I installed the AWD, I found I couldn't turn back, it would cost much more...

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Great job making what you want out of what you have!

Also more info about the hood, did they make more than just yours or do they have the plans on more?

Harvey_Guo

Great job making what you want out of what you have!

Also more info about the hood, did they make more than just yours or do they have the plans on more?
The hood is just made from a local small company in China, which is always making some funny and cheap stuffs.

s word

Ready to race!
Good Stuff!
What power are you seeing out of that kit? I have the basic same setup from ATP on turbo, and similar supporting parts (minus AWD). But I am still only making about 360/360 at the wheels.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Amazing build. You're not going to make the power you want with the ATP kit because the manifold does not flow well (trust me I have one). I would recommend the CTS gtx3076r or 71. That thing will fly.

Subbed for updates