GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Accessport VS Unitronic Connect+

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
So Im looking to do a self tune and have a diagnostic tool for the future or for more tuning if the need arises... anyone recommend one over the other? If im correct, unitronic id need to buy each tune seperately while with cobb many different user created/cobb tunes are included? if anyone could help I'd appriciate it....also im thinking of going from stock to stage 1+ or 2 havent really decided yet

Laimface

Ready to race!
If you buy a COBB from Stratified, you get one of their maps for the same cost as a COBB by itself :D I'd recommend going stage 2 if you can, the car is a whole different animal then!

jon570

Ready to race!
If you buy a COBB from Stratified, you get one of their maps for the same cost as a COBB by itself :D I'd recommend going stage 2 if you can, the car is a whole different animal then!

Agreed. Buying from stratified you get their tune for free. But, if youre going stage 2 make sure you have the recommended bolt ons, (intake, downpipe) and your maintenance upto date. if 6MT. plan on a clutch.

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
Agreed. Buying from stratified you get their tune for free. But, if youre going stage 2 make sure you have the recommended bolt ons, (intake, downpipe) and your maintenance upto date. if 6MT. plan on a clutch.

Thanks guys, Im going to take a look at stratified...I actually recently ordered a 3" downpipe, just now trying to hunt down an intake, hopefully i can find a unitronic cai but no luck, also i have a DSG so i know id have to get a dsg tune with the ecu....Im almost up for my dsg service, guess i should take care of that prior to tuning

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks guys, Im going to take a look at stratified...I actually recently ordered a 3" downpipe, just now trying to hunt down an intake, hopefully i can find a unitronic cai but no luck, also i have a DSG so i know id have to get a dsg tune with the ecu....Im almost up for my dsg service, guess i should take care of that prior to tuning
you dont need a DSG tune. Im running around with a stratified high torque file with no DSG tune. Im equivalent of stage 2 bolt ons with their custom flash tune.

But yes i would get that DSG service. Im gonna wait for the DSG if i even ever do it.. Cobb is apparently working on DSG tunes sometime in the future so if i get one ill just get through them since i have their access-port(Most likely through stratified if they offer their own).

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You'll be waiting for a looong time. Still no LC or NLS for the rest of the world :(
its a good thing i live in the USA :D
we get all of cobbs new stuff first.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Following... I plan on tuning after winter since I should tackle maintenance stuff first :23: I also plan to self tune and these are my top two options, so glad you asked as a comparison would be great!
when you say self tune you mean flash at home in garage. You dont mean actually making your own maps do you?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Google played me and linked me to protune lol thanks!
haha yeah the protune is a lot more expensive and a lot more work. I would only get one of those if you are using a different turbo or have a really weird set up like 5th injector or something but again you would only need that with a bigger turbo.

MattyMacMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
unless it has changed from when i looked, COBB does not support a different intake than a COBB one. Main reason I went with Unitronic stage 1 because I have a different cold air intake.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
unless it has changed from when i looked, COBB does not support a different intake than a COBB one. Main reason I went with Unitronic stage 1 because I have a different cold air intake.

If you buy a cobb ap you should be buying it from stratified and their tune will be way better than the cobb tunes. Stratified even offers a free maf calibration, so any intake will run at its best. You need a place where you can take logs though.