GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
saveferris
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: Golf
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 12
What kind of compensation should i be after?

Hey guys......

I ordered and paid a deposit on a 118 TSI manual, metalic paint, sports pack, bluetooth with mats on the 18th of March for around $34,000, my delivery date was for the 15th of May.

Now this is where my grief starts.....

I was ready to pick up my car on the 15th of May but the dealer called and said the car wasn't ready, I informed the dealer that if the car wasn't ready on that day i wouldn't be able to pick up the car until the following month (16th of June to be exact) because i was going away to Sydney for business commitments. She said that's fine and she'd hold onto the car until i returned.... Fast forward to tonight, I get a phone call from the dealer stating that an error had occurred by the stock controller/manager and as a result my car had been sold. " I smell bullshit" Now she told me that she has re-orderd my car and that it would now be arriving sometime late July early August. " i'm thinking WTF." I'll be returning to melbourne on the 15th without a car because i wrote it off in Feb, and because of the stuff up with VW i'll be losing money because i need the car for work commitments.


So my question is am i able to get some sort of compensation from VW Bayside? and what kind of compensation? What do you guys suggest?

I was thinking of substantial discount on the car and also be given a courtesy car until my car arrives in early August.... is that unreasonable considering i'll be out of pocket.


Thanks gents.
saveferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
DonkeyKong
Ready to race!
 
Drives: Merc ML320CDI / MK6 GTI/ VV XC60 T6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 20
I am sorry to have heard what you have been through. What a bummer. In saying that, we are all human. Mistake is a natural part of our lives. I believe they should offer you a courtesy car until such time that your car arrived. Good luck.
DonkeyKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #3
Sea Biscuit
Newbie
 
Drives: Bomb
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4
Mate, that is an absolutely shocking performance from Bayside. I'm no expert, but you need at least:

- equivalent (or near) courtesy car to use in the meantime
- make them cut down the insurance excess to something reasonable like $500
- make them throw in some extras to your new car like tints, boot mat, premium plates and other dealer-fitted stuff
- judging by other threads, they probably have around $1,500-ish profit to play with, so I'd hit them up for some compensation based on how much you're out of pocket. (someone can correct me on the figures if they disagree)

Let us know how it goes. Best of luck.
Sea Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
BLWNHR
Passed Driver's Ed
 
BLWNHR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 Holdens...waiting for Mk. VI
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 8
If the dealer is nice then they may look after you, but unless you had a delivery date in writing and they haven't kept that I dare say they aren't obliged to help you.
__________________
Adam.

AGSPhotos.com

CircleWork.com.au
BLWNHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #5
saveferris
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: Golf
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 12
Well just a quick update... so far the dealer principal has categorically said No to a courtesy car or a discounted price on the new car i have ordered, obviously this action has now left me with a really difficult decision, if i ask for my deposit back I'll lose the new car that's due in late July/August. If i re order from another dealership the earliest the car would arrive will be September/October. I really don't wan't to hand over my money to Barloworld Bayside but on the other hand i'm in dire need of a new car.

I have already made a complaint through VW Australia and i'm now in the process of making a complaint through the VACC. I'm not sure what else i can do.....or who else i can make a complaint too. ? To say i'm absolutely furious would be an understatement.

Anyway, If you're in Melboune and your're thinking of buying a new car, stick well clear or any Barloworld, especially the Bayside Moorabbin dealership.
saveferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:05 AM   #6
Sea Biscuit
Newbie
 
Drives: Bomb
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by saveferris View Post
Hey guys......

I ordered and paid a deposit on a 118 TSI manual, metalic paint, sports pack, bluetooth with mats on the 18th of March for around $34,000
Hey, that is really bad news, sorry to hear it. Sounds like they don't want to know about the problem they've caused. That's terrible service.

Was thinking that the spec you're after should be quite readily available, perhaps minus the bluetooth. If you can live without bluetooth, then I'm sure you could find a different dealer with a car in stock. I'm pretty sure they'd at least match the price you agreed on your original order.

Keep us posted.
Sea Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:10 AM   #7
saveferris
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: Golf
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit View Post
Hey, that is really bad news, sorry to hear it. Sounds like they don't want to know about the problem they've caused. That's terrible service.

Was thinking that the spec you're after should be quite readily available, perhaps minus the bluetooth. If you can live without bluetooth, then I'm sure you could find a different dealer with a car in stock. I'm pretty sure they'd at least match the price you agreed on your original order.

Keep us posted.
Thanks mate, I have already looked around for the same spec car, there is absolutely nothing ........In regards to blue tooth that's dealer fitted. The quickest time i was quoted for a new order was sometime in October/November.

I spoke to the dealer principal again yesterday, he at least moved in his stance and offered me an old sh*t box type car, I told him for my line of work i need something at least presentable such as an old Golf, when i asked what type of car would be presented to me, firstly he wouldn't tell me, secondly he wouldn't find out for me and thirdly he tried to rail road me and demanded an agreement. I'll tell you what Barloworld Bayside has the worst customer service skill set i have ever experienced.
saveferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
GOLF 4 LIFE
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: Mk 7 GOLF and MK7 GTI
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NORTHERN ILLINOIS
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by saveferris View Post
Thanks mate, I have already looked around for the same spec car, there is absolutely nothing ........In regards to blue tooth that's dealer fitted. The quickest time i was quoted for a new order was sometime in October/November.

I spoke to the dealer principal again yesterday, he at least moved in his stance and offered me an old sh*t box type car, I told him for my line of work i need something at least presentable such as an old Golf, when i asked what type of car would be presented to me, firstly he wouldn't tell me, secondly he wouldn't find out for me and thirdly he tried to rail road me and demanded an agreement. I'll tell you what Barloworld Bayside has the worst customer service skill set i have ever experienced.
If I were you I would get my deposit back and then contact another dealer and place my order. Your time frame for getting your car would be the same.
If your present dealer wont work with you now how will you be treated if you have an issue with the new car? Best of luck.
GOLF 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.