GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Add Nav, WiFi, Backup Cam, Radar to RCD510

///Audience

Ready to race!
Check out this new product which allows the addition of a touchscreen navigation system, backup cameras, radar detection software, internet access (wifi and 3G) plus abilities to incorporate rear seat entertainment.

http://www.intraphex.com/?portfolio=prodigy-one-volkswagen-kit

My shop is looking at carrying this product and I wanted to see if anyone has experience trying this out. We installed one on a Lexus that did not have an OEM touchscreen and we had to actually disassemble the radio and install a thin screen over the factory. Not much fun. The VW piece should be much simpler.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Keep us posted would love to know how this works out!

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
What kind of radar is compatible with this?
How much would this cost?
Steering wheel controls maintained?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
What kind of radar is compatible with this?
How much would this cost?
Steering wheel controls maintained?

I'm sure those will all be answered in good time.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I need the radio first,but this product,def. sounds good.
Sub'd.

///Audience

Ready to race!
We plan to order a few of these for the new Toyota dealership we work with. Their new vehicles have some pretty crazy dashes which won't allow for an aftermarket radio to be installed. I'll report back with an in depth review once we get our hands on one

georgy

Ready to race!
All this does is use the RCD 510 screen. It looks like it's a completely separate hardware box and I highly doubt that any OEM integration with the MFD, etc. will be possible.

I think the little button on top of the screen is kind of ghetto as well.

SloMoe

Passed Driver's Ed
If all they did was add inputs to the screen we shouldn't have issues with anything else. I hope.. anyone find cost

-Moe