GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG slip

jysaw

Ready to race!
Under WOT in 6th gear... the rpm rises around 400 and drops back 200 before rising again. Is this DSG slip?

Cbell3186

Ready to race!
Why are you loading the engine so much at such a low rpm? That isn't really the best for anything in the powertrain. If you need to "go" push it to the floor on the last 1/2" of the pedal stroke and automatically request an optimal upshift.

jysaw

Ready to race!
The rpm is above 3k during the WOT. I am referring to when WOT, the rpm surges to around 3.4k and dips to 3.2k before rising smoothly again

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
If you have the ability to log, you can determine if you have DSG slip or your tires are just breaking loose.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I can't imagine the tires breaking loose in 6th gear though.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I don't think you have a tranmission problem, my money is on a boost issue.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Qu

I can't imagine the tires breaking loose in 6th gear though.

Quite true, I missed the 6th gear mention

if the trans is slipping, rpms would go up while mph would not. He did not mention speed of vehicle.

The best way to determine slip is get it on a dyno. Normally there is a correlation between boost and torque. If the trans is slipping boost will go up but the torque will way off. This is how I discovered my DSG was slipping.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
What should I log?

If I recall correctly you log 11/12 in 02 Auto Trans. That shows you specified vs actual clutch pressure.

Also log 120 in the engine module along with rpm in the 01 Engine module to see if the rpm blip coordinates with a drop in torque.

daddydjken

I have the same problem. Found out it's the dual mass flywheel loose and clutch pack worn-out.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Don®

Ready to race!
I don't think you have a tranmission problem, my money is on a boost issue.

Likely ^
Log Boost and TB, most likely the TB is closing for a split second to control boost.

I thought the same but realized that it was the TB closing when I looked at the logs.

FriggenT1

Banned
This was written by Alex@stratified on another thread...perhaps the issue

The transmission holds the power just fine. It holds well above this. However the engine ECU will report a calculated torque value to the transmission ECU. When that value exceeds 350nm the transmission ECU will momentarily disengage the clutch packs to lower torque and re-engage them. This is intentional. A DSG flash addresses this.

However on the stock turbo you have a very brief moment where this can happen early in the rev range and we setup our tunes with this in mind to maximize power while sitting just under this limit.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Are you tuned? Before the latest APR update mine did that, it was actually one of the fix

Seriously, we have no details about his car. Gonna need to be a ton more specific before we know what we're looking at. Mods especially.