GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pre Road Trip Checklist?

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
That's all you can do is be virulent. Keep some coolant in the car for emergency use.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1ashchuckton.......I sincerely hope you're not virulent..........;)

...I think you meant to say, ''vigilant.''

GuiltySpark

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't find an coolant leak externally yet its losing coolant.. unfortunately it might be being lost internally which is far worse. I would get the oil tested. You're not getting any unusual smoking?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1ashchuckton.......I sincerely hope you're not virulent..........;)

...I think you meant to say, ''vigilant.''

I'm sure some of these guys that are on their 3rd water pump are virulent with their coolant.

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Can't find an coolant leak externally yet its losing coolant.. unfortunately it might be being lost internally which is far worse. I would get the oil tested. You're not getting any unusual smoking?
No smoking, no milky oil, no overheating. I've had two or three oil samples evaluated and they all come back clean.

Jaber

Modero
Check the radiator. When I had my 20k service done, I mentioned the coolant was low. They topped it off and did a pressure check, they couldn't find anything. Around 35k miles the radiator all the sudden dumped all the coolant out. Luckily it was in my garage, so I topped it off with distilled water and made it 3 miles before it emptied and had to get towed the last 3 miles. I would take some distilled water just incase you need to top off.

If you don't have road side assistance, get it.

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Check the radiator. When I had my 20k service done, I mentioned the coolant was low. They topped it off and did a pressure check, they couldn't find anything. Around 35k miles the radiator all the sudden dumped all the coolant out. Luckily it was in my garage, so I topped it off with distilled water and made it 3 miles before it emptied and had to get towed the last 3 miles. I would take some distilled water just incase you need to top off.

If you don't have road side assistance, get it.

Will do, thanks. As for the radiator, I checked it pretty carefully, it was bone dry.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's g13 now isn't it?